IGNORED

Finally Arrived!

Ricklandia

Congratulations man. I bet you must be excited :D

That brings back memories for me when I first got mine. I live in MN. and bought my baby down in AZ. and she rode all the way from Arizona to me in Minnesota and rode on a truck just like yours did. Words can't explain how HAPPY I was when I first saw her IN PERSON.

I just got her out of storage today. She's been waiting patiently all winter long :)

Here is a picture of my baby

75388753.jpg

Started to examine the car this morning when I ran across this "mystery" switch. It's located on the center console, it's a momentary toggle (left/right or up/down depending on how it's oriented). At first I figured it must be some kindo of add on switch as it does nothing that I can tell, however when I looked at the bezel/faceplate of the switch, it looks strickingly like something from the factory. Any idea what this might be? I havent had a chance to start tracing it's wiring, probably wont for a while but I thought if it's factor someone might know. My old 260 never had anything like that, no have I seen anyone else have one. One note: THe PO put a stereo EQ in the car years ago, tucked under the original radio position, but in front of the Choke/rear defroster panel. Could it have been there originially? And if so, what is it?

unknown-switch.jpg

I thought that too, at first, but it only goes bidirectionally (left/right or up/down depending on how you physically orient the switch). You can see what I mean by looking at the two arrows on the bevel - I dont know the correct orientation. The mirrors on the car, although not original, are definitely not electric.

Many thanks, I just uploaded some new photos into my Gallery after I gave her a bath from the long trip. The PO kept everything, original owners manual, even the dealer sales broghure. Even has a maintanence logbook.

Weston is as far west Ft. Lauderdale as you can get before you are in the Everglades. It sits right at the corner of where I-75 turns west to head towards Naples, and where I-595 begins. It's about 4 hours from Tampa. It's nice to meet fellow Floridians, it is a rare site to see a 240 on this side of the state. Dunno why.

Weston_Florida.jpg