Your birthday car - Page 3 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Your birthday car

Featured Replies

YOU BEAUTY BLAKIE,

Thanks mate, that gets me off the hook.

LOLROFLLOLROFL Lachlan.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

I almost posted links to military vehicles. I guess automobile production actually ceased for the 1943-1945 model years. Don't know for sure, despite what some people think, I wasn't here yet!

This is my birth year vehicle, I would say definitely a classic... :classic:

post-5999-14150795090398_thumb.jpg

1959

The first Datsun hit the docks in Long Beach.

The Caddy fins reached their apex

In the South, Former Shiners were racing Olds engines in Chevy bodies and calling them "stock"

A young blond girl took her first ride in her Triumph TR3.

Chrysler was pounding the salt flats ith thier 300

How could I choose?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I was born on 20 September 1970 and besides the obvious 240Z this remains one of my favorites from '70:

jag.jpg

Here's some of mine. 1967 is the year.

Ferrari, Maserati, Cobra

Chris

post-5906-14150795091859_thumb.jpg

post-5906-14150795092053_thumb.jpg

post-5906-14150795092155_thumb.jpg

Well, I did a little research and here is what I found for my birthday cars....

1951 Datsun DB Deluxe - 860cc 20 HP 4cyl.

1951 Porsche 356SL - pretty cool!

1951 Henry J

1951 MG MGTD MkII

1951 - The HEMI engine was introduced

1951 Hudson Hornet

1951 Cooper Formula 500 - cool race car!

Also in 1951, these TV shows were introduced - Mr. Wizard, Sky King, Honeymooners, Roy Rogers

1951 - Ferdinand Porsche dies

1951 - Julius & Ethal Rosenberg are sentenced to death for selling top secret atomic info to the Russians

1951 - First national direct dial phone service

1951 - First UNIVAC computer sold to US Census

Interesting year!!!!

Here's a link to a similar thread over at Grassroots Motorsports forum:

http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7751

BTW,

I am still pissed because Jimmi Hendrix died two days before I was born! As if that wasn't bad enough Jim Morrison dies within a year of Sept. 1970.

tr6-70-lside.jpg

1970_MGB-GT.jpeg

Sorry, I can't seem to find any horse and buggy pix to post.

AAAWWWWW, Gee Carl,

Thanks for the helping hand good buddy. I'm suitably impressed and greatly honoured to think you went to all that trouble just for me. LOLLOL

That is EXACTLY what I'd like to be driving next time I travel to Brisbane and get caught up in the traffic.

There ya go Lachlan, a REAL Yank Tank, courtesy of Carl. ROFLROFL

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.