IGNORED

Datsun brochure copyrights etc

mperdue

I've got a couple of old brochures and I can't find copyright marks or notes anywhere on any of them. So of I'm wondering what you guys think about copying or scanning and posting copies on the internet for information purposes. Any reason to think anyone (Nissan) wouldn't want these materials distributed? I'm not going to sell or reproduce them to sell, just for display. And it's all informative brochures like I said - not service information or manuals. Thanks for any advice -

Michael

Will do Schevets, though I don't have a lot of Z stuff yet. The demand for it is high for obvious reasons so it's expensive. So far this is the only scan I've made of a Z - from the '75 French Canadian full line brochure (no I don't speak French - it was cheap and came in a set of 5 brochures). I'm surprised there was only 1 page for the Z in that brochure. They must have had a large supplemental brochure just for the Z.

post-1656-14150794986773_thumb.jpg

mperdue,

I have a brochure for the 260Z Sports/2+2. It's double sided and opens out to twice the size of A3 paper. I had both sides photocopied and display the copies whenever my Zed has a public performance.

I also searched for a copywrite mark but was unable to find one.

Considering the number of brochures that would have been handed out to prospective buyers and that the technical information could hardly be considered 'SECRET' once the brochure was printed, would there be any need for copywrite ?.

Rick.

• 2 months later...
I've got a couple of old brochures and I can't find copyright marks or notes anywhere on any of them. So of I'm wondering what you guys think about copying or scanning and posting copies on the internet for information purposes. Any reason to think anyone (Nissan) wouldn't want these materials distributed? I'm not going to sell or reproduce them to sell, just for display. And it's all informative brochures like I said - not service information or manuals. Thanks for any advice -

Michael

Michael,

We have a copyright release from Nissan. Go ahead and scan them and post in the gallery.

-- Mike