Engine Stand Plans anyone? - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Engine Stand Plans anyone?

Featured Replies

i have a Harbor Freight engine stand and i do recomend them. for the price they cost no real reason why not to get one unless u want to waste time and build one. u can put one together in a hour. yea i bought my 1000lb engine stand for 40 bucks. i also got some car jacks.

  • Author

Cheers Fred,

That looks just what I'm after and I like the idea it mounting on the side.

Cheers

I just pulled my first engine 3 days ago, I'm ecstatic! Anyways, crusader engine stands are pretty simple I am sure you could build one your self. All mine is a 3 leg base, then the top has a tube in which the bracket mount tube goes and you lock it with a pin. Although if you are making one I'd assume fabricating the bracket and/or engine mount arms ,as mine also has, would be fairly tough and time consuming. You could build one yourself, or just as easily you could go and purchase one. Another suggestion would be to call around to local garages, sometimes they have used ones that they can sell. I posted a small diamgram of what my engine stand looks like, I am sure it looks pretty close to everybody elses.

post-7027-14150794920282_thumb.jpg

Hey, I just though about this! Check out my Z car page, there is a collection of info and if you scroll down to the Rotisserie link you will see various Rotisserie plans...it wouldn't take much to modify one of them to an engine stand...in fact I think one of them is made from two engine stands!

Here's the link: http://www.pape.ws/allan_and_rosanne/Z-Car_Stuff

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.