IGNORED

Abolishment of the 15 year rule

MickieB

Lachlan: The R32 GT-R is not available under sevs..... Looks like it'll be 2019 before they're imported again. :-/

Is it some years of the R32 GTR can be imported or none at all?

The car was sold locally, but not for the whole run of the R32 series...cant remember if that made a difference or not.

As far as I know they wont be available under SEVS, so no more of any age will be allowed from now on. If the 15 year rule were to have continued, then any year that they weren't sold in australia would have been available. That's my understanding of it anyway.....correct me if I'm wrong.

NO WE CAN'T! HOW GOOD IS THAT!? :D

The way i see it is, now the flow of S13's has been stopped, i'll start taking them out one by one, and soon they'll all be gone! :D

No apologies to s13 owners, your cars are crap, if you read this forum anyway, you're in the right place to get a better model :P

At the QR sprints an average SR20DET Silvia with R tyres will beat most everything else, including my turbo Zed by about four seconds :( It takes a late model high spec well driven Porsche or Skyline to beat them, they are a damm well balanced quick car, like it or not :)

Because they are cheap go fast and have a hero reputation. I somtimes think that when people buy a certain car they feel they have to act a certain way in it to fit into the profile they bought the car for.

The same would apply for Mercedes drivers, BMW, Silvia, Skyline, Commodore, even us Z drivers im sure fit a profile LOL!

Yeah but why does it have to be that wankers drive them? This might just be speaking for townsville though.

That's a bit of a big generalisation Mick! While there are plenty of tossers driving them up here, I also know a bunch of really great guys that drive them. Maybe it's just that the tossers are the ones that make themselves noticed.

You'll have to come on a cruise with us some time Mick....meet a bunch of the non-tossers in the T'ville car scene.

One of my mates use to have one actually. It was just a SR20DE though. Not a bad car, I just think that there are so many of them over here, and so many of them are trash. I remember going to an auction and the shittiest cars I could find were the old S13's which had been flogged to within an inch of their life.