IGNORED

Datsun Fonts Styles and Logo's

Gav240z

Hi everyone I've had a bit of a look around on the internet but at the moment there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of retro Datsun stuff.

I want to design a website on my 240z and it's restoration progress. The theme of this site is an old skool Datsun approach. I want it to have that old feel like that feeling you get when you see a Classic Muscle car parked next to a vintage fuel pump or Coca Cola sign.

So i guess i would like it if people could post old advertising material. However if anyone knows what FONT Datsun was using in the 70's that would be even better.

If you post pictures I can trace them using Adobe illustrator and increase their size from there.

So anything you think may be appropriate would be really great.

I'm also thinking of using the whole "DATSUN! We are driven" sound file when you first log on.

Cheers,

Gavin. :cheeky:

Try the "roman" group of fonts, Gav. Numbers and letters that were stamped on the car - like the paint number - seem to be that group. Advertising lettering seems to be various and more of a plain block print type than anything else. The BRE / Interpart font is "micro-gramma bold extended".