IGNORED

another barn car

zhead240

here's a great lookin zed with a low reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4522087419&category=6187

about the title though- could there be problems with getting a new title,espescially with crossing a international border?shouldn't the owner get the title in his name to aviod any problems in selling the car?also what would a rebuilt cost?

I'm not familiar with the title issue, but it makes me nervous. :nervous:

Same with the seller driving the car around with what "sounds like" a stuck valve. :nervous: :nervous:

If this car has sat for as long as he claims, the brake system is basicly shot and will need complete rebuild. Probably the same for fuel tank, vent hoses, etc. Radiator/Heater Core may be rotten too.

It does look very nice (nice enough that I wonder about it being in a barn for 10 years) and the seller sounds like a car dealer, not one of the 2 owners. (How much of what he says about the car can be trusted to be true? I dunno.)

Nice looking car , but agree with Carl the pics don't match what he says unless the owner was very anal and detailed the car and engine compartment before he stored it, and the clacking sounds like stuck or valve that just needs to be adjusted, and his works make me nervous about the title, very nice car though :)

my sentiments exactly. i though the reserve would be closer to at least 5 or 6 K.notice ding in front bumper(not mentioned-cracks in dash not mentioned although obvious in pixs-no pixs of hatch sill rust) maybe i'm just nit pickin. underside looks really clean though.

Wow, that is a comprehensive advert isn't it. A bit of marketing spin thrown in as well.

It is in great condition but I reckon that the car has had a professional valet to get it gleaming as it is today. But what a great example and it would make a great driver after a little attention.

I wish I lived in CA. You guys STILL get all low rust oldies!

yea , I was a bit surprised as well, considering all the z type info he lists you would think he would looking into current value and what is selling presently, with that thought I would have wanted a min of 5-6g for the car

I fianlly got to look at all of the picts. The car "shows" well. I agree that the car looks professionally detailed.

Lots of "Beauty" shots, but none showing the rocker panel rot and hatch area rot that is mentioned. I'd want a pict of the battery area in close-up also.

He doesn't show the door panels good either, but in one shot it appears (possibly) that the speakers he mentioned have been installed in the doors. (Picture from passenger side with door open, behind the shifter it looks like there is a speaker tucked into the drivers door)

With the Z knowledge that seller exhibits, the omission of picts of the "warts" and common problem areas makes me wary. :nervous:

But, if I could inspect it myself, in person, I would do so, and if I found the "warts" easily repairable & I could afford it, I'd consider buying it.

Carl, Yep, I see speakers in the door panels as well. Your right of course about wanting a closer look at the trouble spots, of course my car already has all the warts in spades. It took several tries before I got all the pictures to load on my home computer, but finally got a look at them all.