IGNORED

believe it or not

zhead240

i'm guessing 7K. can't trust the mileage unless documented. that's less than 500 miles a year. even if in storage half the time it's still less than a 1000 per year.comeon, you'd put more than that on going to the corner 7-11 for milk.

this one has the small bumpers- when did they start putting on the larger bumpers?

In the USA, it was in 73. Don't know about Canada.

EDIT: 73 240Z's had 2.5 mi bumpers, later cars had 5.0 mi bumpers. Bother were larger than the "standard bumpers that came on 70-72 240Z's

It's hard to tell from the crappy pictures, but the front bumper could be a 2.5 or 5.0 bumper. I do not think it is the standard "early Z car bumper" (70-72).

this one has the small bumpers- when did they start putting on the larger bumpers?

I believe that it was in October of 74'.

A 73' North American spec Z had smaller bumpers than an early 260z, but they are different. The early bumpers on this car are 3mph bumpers. The later version and 280z's had 5mph bumpers.

Ben

Carl,

There are no shocks or compressors, the front has heavy steel brackets that mount to the frame rails and they have a piece of pipe welded on the end that fills the bumper at the mounting point. The rear is decoration just like on earlier models and I think no different.

If someone is serious about bidding on this car, get better pictures of the following:

The RH Hatch Opening, showing the channel going up from the tail-light area up to the hinge. Although the hinges appear good, there is some brown goop right above the spring hatch block.

The RH Radiator Support area, as seen from above. There's some brown gunk there too.

The front wheel wells, both of them, looking back towards the cabin. The driver's side seems to either have brown mud, or ..... in the space between fender and frame shell.

Rocker panels.

2¢

Enrique

Hi guys, at first glance on this car I suspect is has a lot more than 13k miles. The engine looks pretty worn and the underside of the carriage also looks like it has more miles. At 13k, this thing should be shiny!

The odometers are easy to roll back on the early Zed's (I've done it to a speedo I purchased on ebay). So, I wouldn't immediately trust this ad.

I think someone that is interested in buying this car should be weary about the mileage, but they would truely find out its condition by taking a look at the car (a duhism on my part). However, the interior is in prestine shape and that is very rare. For instance, the carpet appears to have hardly been subjected to sunlight. This could be from just garaging the car all the time, very low mileage as stated, or the owner bought new carpet. I truely think the carpet is original to the car because it is not easy to come across this carpet. The paint also looks to be in prestine shape; it could be from low milage, or just well maintained, or a combination of both. I am not trying to take sides, but I do feel that this is a low mileage car. It has all the original hoses. That is extremely rare, and they look like they are in nice nick as well. These are just some thoughts. I would love to see better pictures of this car when it is cleaned up and in the sun to really test these theories.

Take care,

Ben

p.s. I hope it finds a great home.