IGNORED

believe it or not

zhead240

Hey i got my Z from and elderly gentleman. It is a 72' 240Z and its only got 38,000 original miles...all original except a new exhaust system and distributor. If you got the money and time to keep it nice go for it. I've had good experiences with mine. The ironic part is mine idles a little rough but i just adjusted the carb because the idle speed was at 600 rather tan the recommended 750.

That is a beautiful 260. It is just like mine. Oh I wish my car was that original and in such nice shape. Look how close the vin# is to mine- that car was made not too long after mine. It is georgous. A little cleaning and detailing would make this car stunning. I would try to leave as many of the parts as original as possible though. I like the slight patina of this car.

The black engine bay could be from the Zbarr that was put in by the dealer(?). My car had this. It was to protect against the water and salt.

Lachlan, where do you see that the vinyl and carpet was replaced? They both look original to me.

This has gotten me excited. It is not a 240z, but it is a great car and the chance of finding a nice original car is dwindling, especially a 260z. Ooh, this has gotten me excited.

Ben

No doubt it's a very straight looking car! I wonder about the replaced vinyl & carpets, reasonably worn looking steering wheel and black engine bay.

Who wants to guess how much it'll go for?

20k but i bet the reserve is higher than that

The black engine bay could be from the Zbarr that was put in by the dealer(?). My car had this. It was to protect against the water and salt.

Hi Ben, I thought it could have been a dealer thing. Thanks for confirming!

Lachlan, where do you see that the vinyl and carpet was replaced? They both look original to me.

I thought all colour interiors came with black carpets? Unless those brown ones are on top of the originals of course.. But you'd think you'd take them out for photos. The vinyl in the rear over the strut towers has no diamond pattern.

I thought all colour interiors came with black carpets? Unless those brown ones are on top of the originals of course.. But you'd think you'd take them out for photos. The vinyl in the rear over the strut towers has no diamond pattern.

The 260z did come with brown carpet. I was under the same impression that you were when I first got the car, but the more I looked at the carpets, the more convinced I am that they are indeed OEM. The 260z had diamand vinyl in all the same places as the 240z's except for the strut tower areas as you pointed out. I truely believe that the carpet and the vinyl is original on this car. The hatch carpet looks like it has not seen much sun.

-Ben

p.s. I don't think this car will fetch 20K. I would like it too, but people don't appreciate 260z's like they appreciate 240's. I would be surprized if it got close to 10k. I hope the buyer keeps it all original as a time capsule.

The 260z did come with brown carpet. I was under the same impression that you were when I first got the car, but the more I looked at the carpets, the more convinced I am that they are indeed OEM. The 260z had diamand vinyl in all the same places as the 240z's except for the strut tower areas as you pointed out. I truely believe that the carpet and the vinyl is original on this car. The hatch carpet looks like it has not seen much sun.

Ahh, I never knew that. I think the brown carpet looks better than black with the ivory interior anyway. I can't believe the strut towers didn't have a vinyl pattern on the 260Z! That's very curious, do you know why? I much prefer the diamond vinyl as found in the 240Z. Do you know if the 280Z's patterned or not? I'm off to search the galleries...

edit: appears not. They dont even have those awesome caps that seem to have come out of the factory pre-cracked. http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=8220&sort=1&cat=all&page=1 I'm learning so much today..

I'm no longer suspicious at all about the car. Thanks for putting me in my place Ben. I think it will fetch over 10k. I say 12.

I'm no longer suspicious at all about the car. Thanks for putting me in my place Ben. I think it will fetch over 10k. I say 12.

That would be great. I hope I didn't come off the wrong way. I would not want to make you feel bad and we are all learning.

I am not sure on the 280z towers. Marc, what do your towers look like?

Regards,

Ben

In the lower right hatch area, looks like surface rust. Maybe it's just some Z mung. Wonder why there's no body shots? I always wonder about people who advertise "never been in the snow or rain". Interior looks very nice.

Vicky