IGNORED

1968 2000 Roadster

Mike

I realize that I'm not selling Zcar merchandise. But, I need to sell this little toy in order to finish my Zcar. If you have a Zcar, this is the perfect match.

Here's the story.

For Sale:

Short Blurb:

- 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000

- Located in Albany, Oregon

- Red

- Mag wheels with new tires

- Runs good.

- Avid Datsun owner

- 3rd owner

- Lots of extra stuff

- Selling to complete Zcar project

- Many new parts installed

- Everything actually works :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Story:

I bought this car from a guy who worked at our local Hewlett Packard plant. Due to a job-transfer, he had to relocate. He could not take the car with him. So, he made me a very good deal on the car. But, it needed some mechanical work.

He let the car sit for about 2 years. It's not good to do that unless you prepare it right. (he didn't) So, I yanked the engine,

replaced a lot of gaskets, bearings, and so-on. I then replaced parts (shown below) and gave it my TLC. It needed *ALL* new hydraulic parts and some electrical re-wiring.

But, to make a long story short... I bought the car and used the rest of my "Z-Car restoration money" to get it in good mechanical condition.

Well, now that the Roadster is working fine.... I find that I don't have much money left over. Thus, I need to sell it. Otherwise, I'll never finish my Zcar (which is currently sitting in my garage as a skeleton half painted).

I've done a lot of work to this Roadster. It's a great little car and it's been fun to drive. It's in GREAT mechanical shape and the next owner will benefit from my labor. It will need to have the rear springs replaced, but, those are included. I haven't installed them yet.

I bought the car at the beginning of July (1998). I worked on it for about a month. I've had it running back and forth to work since then. (It sure is fun to drive on the back roads here in Albany/Corvallis).

I'd like to sell it so I can get enough money to finish my Z-Car project. But, if it doesn't sell... I won't be hurt.

Anyway, if you're looking for a fun little car. This is the one to buy. Just keep in mind that you should be mechanically inclined and should not use this car as your daily driver. It's purely a fun toy.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Features:

- Soft top with great frame (needs new top)

- Tonneau top w/middle zipper

- New carpet

- Engine compartment refurbished and painted

- Engine worked over

Body Condition:

- Paint. The paint job is in great shape. It should be buffed out with 800 or 1000 grit wet-sand paper. The only minor-faded

areas are on the hood and rear trunk. Over all, the paint is in decent condition. It polishes out very nice. It does have some cracks and flaking on the hood.

- Rust. There is a little bit of rust behind each wheel well. I pulled out all of the carpet and scraped out all of the tar paper which revealed nice floor pans. The floor pans are in medium-nice condition. No rust in the trunk. There is a small hole in the passenger floorpan that should be fixed.

- Latches, lights, electrical, etc. All of the lights work great. I replaced the fuse box because the old one went bad. The headlights both work and the turn signal blinker switch was replaced with an "extra loud" unit (I like to hear it). All of the exterior latches work great. The trunk locks, the doors work great (actually sound like a strong CLUNK (instead of rattling)), and the windows roll up and down just fine.

- Tops. The vinyl black should be replaced. You can get a very nice canvas top for around $300. I think they even have glass rear windows available. The car even comes with a tonneau (sp?) top in good condition (black vinyl).

Replaced Parts (all stock & new):

- Water Pump

- Coil

- Distributor

- Plug Wires & Plugs

- Master Brake Cylinder

- Master Clutch Cylinder

- Slave Clutch Cylinder

- Brake Flexible Hoses

- Wheel Bearings

- Front Disc Calipers

- Rear Drum Calipers

- Brake Pads (all around)

- Metal Brake Tubing

- Carpet Interior all new

- Clock (not installed)

- Clutch Disc

- Pressure Plate

- T/O Bearing

- Pilot Bushing

- Fuse Panel

- SU Carbeurators (rebuilt)

- Wheels (aftermarket by Ultra)

- Tires (205/60VR-14) all new

- Transmission 1st & 2nd Fork

- Transmission - All gaskets new

- Stickshift bushings and washers

- Carpet all new

- Momo Steering Wheel

Extra Parts (not-installed):

- Tach Guage

- Speedometer Guage

- Oil/Fuel/Temp Guage

- Leaf Springs

- Lots of misc electrical

- Fan radiator shroud

- Extra Dashboard

- Heater vents

- Heater controls

- MANY MANY other misc parts

that I can't seem to fathom at

this time.

Money:

I spent $2,500 on this car at the end of May 1998. I then spent the next month and a half working her over. I spent another $2,200 (or more) bucks on new equipment (receipt detail available).

I'd like to get $3,500. Will consider offers around $3,000.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the compliments, guys. It's a fun little car, but, I could really use the money for my Z restoration. Not sure why I bought it in the first place. I think it was an impulse buy.

I sure did get a good sunburn after I got it running. It's a blast to drive around on a nice summer day. While it's not a new car (has it's 'old' moments), it's fun to take out and wind through the gears.

[m]

Mike, Zlishous here, I have had preliminary talks with the wife about your car. I am very interested, can you get me a # where I can get a hold of you. I will sit down with her in earnest tonight to discuss buying your car (I am selling our 2000 Miata to get rid of the 500.00 a month payment, so this would be a great alternative, and much more appealing to me, don't tell her though-LOL ). Anyway I can let you know this evening, get me a number and I will call you tonight.

Thanks lot, Zlishous-aka-Paul

Originally posted by Zlish

Mike, Zlishous here, I have had preliminary talks with the wife about your car. I am very interested, can you get me a # where I can get a hold of you. I will sit down with her in earnest tonight to discuss buying your car (I am selling our 2000 Miata to get rid of the 500.00 a month payment, so this would be a great alternative, and much more appealing to me, don't tell her though-LOL ). Anyway I can let you know this evening, get me a number and I will call you tonight.

Thanks lot, Zlishous-aka-Paul

Here's my cell number: 541-760-4185