IGNORED

L24 L26 L28 Dyno results

Mr Camouflage

240ZX: As san-maru was saying, it's quite well know that if you put a given car on an aussie dyno, then on an american dyno, you'll always get the higher figure on the american dyno. Really, remembering that a dyno should be a tuning tool, to compare powerouts as you change things on your car, then it doesn't matter. I mean you can even compare the figures between the aussie dynos. Eg, Dynodynamics will always read higher than the DynoLog by around 15% or more.

Dynojet > Dynodynamics > DynoLog

Most amercians have the belief that ANYTHING that isnt made in the US is inferior. But believe it or not, the USA is NOT the center of the world........(stirring right back)

That's why "foriegn" cars dominate the automobile market in the US. LOL

Neither is Australia.

Seriously, I "could" believe the "It is relatively common knowledge that US dyno's often produce optimistic numbers." statements if they were made with something to back them up besides wind. Documentation? Published opinion of RESPECTED and NOTABLE members of the automotive industry? At this point in this thread, it's all chat, suppostion, and "my dyno is better than yours" posturing.

Believe it or not, the point of my post was to incite someone (hell, anyone) to come up with a believable bit of PROOF one way or the other.

Rule # 4, which I am now guilty of breaking also, should have been bolded, italicized, underlined, or highlighted in some way. I don't think it would have mattered much on this site as we seem to spend more time off topic than on. Sorry, Craig.

This post can be deleted if need be.

Carl: One point I was trying to get across in my post is that dynos should NOT be used for bragging rights. You simply can't compare the results of one dyno to another, even if it's the same model. Dynos are a tuning tool plain and simple. If they're used as a tuning tool then it really doesn't matter if one reads higher than another. All you should need to know if how a mod changed your cars power output.

As for the american dynos reading higher, go do some searching, I don't have time. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Could everone please read the first post again.

Mr.C, time to edit the thread and remove the irrelevant posts (this one included.)

I wish I could, only Mike has the power to do that. Or people he's allowed to be moderators, which I'm not.

I dont mind the clairfication on the US Dynos fudging their power outputs.

Hopefull Z-Kids link will settle the matter once and for all and people can get back to posting their HP output.

I just held my tounge, so to speak, while idiots posted stuff like "This information is available elsewhere", but never bothers to post links to it. If it was available, where are the links, and why are people always posting how much power can i get from my L(insert engine capacity designation here)?

Why even have this website if you are gonna tell people to go somewhere else to get info on Z cars? Lets shut it all down an have a redirect page to zcar.com. Moron.

Instead of telling people of F*#@-off and look somewhere else for the info, why not just post it here. And spot bitching about it. It's useless comments like that, that we just dont need.

We all know that dyno results vary depending on enviromental factors.

Reminds me of granpa Simpson prattling on about irrelevant stuff. "Like the time I took the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So, I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to ride the ferry cost a nickel, but in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. 'Gimme 5 bees for a quarter,' you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh, yes.The important thing was, I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones..."

........"This information is available elsewhere", but never bothers to post links to it. If it was available, where are the links, and why are people always posting how much power can i get from my L(insert engine capacity designation here)?

God helps those who help themselves. Use your little fingers to do a search for engine builders like Sunbelt or Rebello (or others knowledgable about L series engines) and ye shall be in touch with people who have the info.

Why are people asking for info like this? Because some people aren't sufficiently motivated to do their own research, others are not really serious and others just want to ask questions. (curiousity)

If Dyno results are are a tuning tool and "dynos should NOT be used for bragging rights. You simply can't compare the results of one dyno to another, even if it's the same model." then this thread is relatively meaningless.

Meanwhile, perhaps it should be stated which countries have Dyno's who's results are considered trustworthy, since some countries have Dyno's that lie. LOL

God helps those who help themselves. Use your little fingers to do a search for engine builders like

God forbid that you'd come to a Z car website expecting to find some information about the power output of a Z car engine.

Why are people asking for info like this?

Because this is a Z car forum for people to ask questions about Z cars. It's not like somebody was asking what the population of outer-mongolia was. If you can have threads about boobs, why not about z car dyno results.

Why Have all this information here if people arent gonna read it?

If Dyno results are are a tuning tool and "dynos should NOT be used for bragging rights. You simply can't compare the results of one dyno to another, even if it's the same model." then this thread is relatively meaningless.

I didnt say anything about bragging rights. Maybe you inferred that because thats the type of person you are.

This thread is not a competiton about who has the highest output. Is so that poeple can see what modification people have done to their engines and see a dyno result so the can make up their own minds as to what they want to do with their own engine.

Good on ya to Dues eX, Ross260Z and Dan_Baldwin. Thans for the results. Keep them comming poeple.