IGNORED

turbo AFM?

cruisingz

• 2 weeks later...

i was thinking about doin this conversion a long time ago..but i was told i shouldnt because i wouldnt see much difference because it is the doorflap type sensor so its restictive either way. tho i would still like to try it to see for myself.

I have an AFM unit on the shelf at my shed saw it today i forgot i had it there. I was going to put it on my car but i mite put a 350 Chev in it. I also have a turbo & manifold sitting there to go with it. Or i mite sell it which ever comes first. My Fairlady was very tidy till my son decided to race it and crash

• 5 weeks later...

If you have the cam to use the extra air then yes it help you out but helping the engine breathe better, but that is with the extra that comes along with it, ie exhaust to let that extra air escape.

So if you are basically running a stock engine it isnt with the time to upgrade unless you are planning a build later.

• 7 years later...

I wrote a how-to on this in the '90's on my now defunct website PlanetZ.

You can use the turbo AFM on your NA car by removing the cover of both and swapping in your circuit board from your NA AFM. Without headers, cam, and a way to get more fuel to the engine you will have a tip-in stumble. Keep in mind though, I didn't have Megasquirt to work with in the '90's... You should be able to tune it now...

Nope, haven't tried it. But, I am looking for a turbo AFM. Do you know where another one is?

I also have one available. It is fresh out of the box, a reman. I was going to use it in this build but went with megasquirt so I never installed it. Let me know if you still need. They aren't cheap but i'll let it go for $100. Pretty sure it was in the $250 range and are discontinued from what was stamped on the receipt.

You know, we can't have it both ways. We can't be telling people with an indignant undertone to 'do a search' and then complain that they are replying to 7 year old threads. If you think about it, digging this up is valid since when the thread was started, using a Turbo AFM on a NA car was problematic at best. Now, with some of the programmable fuel injection available, it might be one of the hot tickets... Just sayin'...