IGNORED

OT: Honey Bee to be hacked on Monster Garage

mperdue

BTW the MG show is supposed to run on Nov 15th. Bring a box of tissues for those who care! Otherwise, enjoy show. I don't have cable or whatever so I won't be able to see it. Let us know how it turns out if any of you catch it.

hls30.com - what? you lost me with that bludger comment!

Michael,

"a bludger using tools on a filmed bucks night to come a guster with a car and london to a brick mean to make a bingle, and then think it is sick!"

Roughly translated:

A tool wielding goofball who takes handouts(donations) on a taped testosterone fest of screwing up a car, to make the car absolutely into a hellacious mess, and think he had really done something to be proud of!

Think about all of that tallent and energy that these guys pour into nothing but fluff!

Will

Well, now that Jessie James is a big celebrity and obviously making the big $$$, its not hard to imagine the likes of what goes on at Monster Garage. Sure Jessie is a very talented guy in his own right, but the people he has on his show are usually a bunch of hacks or worse yet....totally inmature egotistical morons! These people can't even get along with each other. Were do they get these people.....the bottom of some barrel. I think as long as you keep the frame of mind that these shows are nothing more than pure intertainment, then the show is fine. But the sad part is, that young folks look up to this guy and are subjected to some pretty bad things like...less than poor shop safety habits, childish behavors, and loads of fowl language. I always ask myself, after watching a show......would I want someone like that working on my car??? I think not, and that goes for most of those sort of shows relating to cars and motorcycles.

On a fresher note...has anyone picked up the latest copy of GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS magazine? There are a couple of good articles (with great pics) on some vintage Nissan iron. Check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

There was some major 350Z carnage going on. This monster garage episode is looking pretty good so far. Sorry Honeybee.

That was a pretty good show. I don't like the paint job, but other than that, it is the ultimate sleeper. I agree with Mario, it should have had big wheels and big brakes. Jesse's Honey Bee looked cherry by the way.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/episode/season3/slideshows/episode_50/episode_50.html

Hmm, I dont know...I was at a friends shop today, they were working on the Monster Garage escalade ultimate tailgate mobile. I got a chance to look at it...and well it is a little rough. The paint is flawless...the interior needed some help. My buddy was working on it for the third time, changing out the hydro's that opened the doors for an electronic solution to make it work better.

I was suprised the 350Z engine fit in the Honey Bee. The show has really changed since it first debued. All the "freebies". They used to only have 3K to spend. Now brand new vehicles are donated to the cause. Total build on the Honey Bee was around 38K because the 350Z was given to them and they include the price of the new vehicle. Hell, anyone of you guys could do the same thing if all that stuff was just "given" to you.

Jesse said it took him 10 years to find his clean white Honey Bee that he drove there. He said it was only second to his favorite '54.

The paint job was a joke. I didn't think "Bee" at all, I thought jail break.

That car will end up in the scrap heep out back with all the other builds they've done. What a shame :cry:

Vicky