IGNORED

How much $$ have you spent on your Z ?

daddz

How much $$ have you invested in your Z(s)?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$ have you invested in your Z(s)?

• Under $1,000
    • $1,000 to $2,000
    • $2,000 to $4,000
    • $4,000 to $8,000
    • $8,000 to $12,000
    • $12,000 to $16,000
    • More than $16,000

Just this last week, I went through the receipts and almost fell over when this $550 project car for my 15 year old son has passed the 5K mark already! (and we did a lot of the labor ourselves). Still got the interior, stereo system, weatherstripping and a few more miscellaneous items to go. Next Z hopefully will not be quite as much of a "project" as this one. Still a lot of fun though! :D

I just passed $5,000 on my 71' 240z and I haven't even started replacing the rusted out panels yet. I have bought all the new parts but will need to get the old cut out and new welded in. Then there is still new struts, bushings, and oh yea a paint job left yet. I'm sure it won't be long before $10,000

MySons280z,

I think it is great that you guys have a project that you can work on together. My dad and I replaced the clutch on a BMW 2002 when I was about driving age. It was a great experience and one that I cherish as quality time with my dad.

To relate to your son at 15 is a tough thing, I aplaud you for taking the interest, time and expense to do find common ground.

I'm not surprised that I haven't spent much on mine to date. I've done most of the work myself, which isn't much, including the paint job. I'll probably spend $500 on a turbo'd engine to use til I rebuild the original. Still not much over the past 25 years I've owned it. Just "skeered" the pants off my brother with a 100 MPH juant down the road this afternoon...still goes like hell. Guess that's why I still have it. :finger: