IGNORED

headlight relay upgrade harness's for sale

Zs-ondabrain

received the harness today via USPS... VERY good quality (seems to be a common theme in this thread!)... i have yet to install it (should be able to get to it tomorrow evening. will post results!

UPDATE: installed harness and couldn't be more happy! installation was a piece of cake (especially b/c of the great instructions) and the result was even better that i had expected! no problems with either installation or operation! thanks again!

Hey guys and gals,

I'm still making harness's for the 70' to 72 1/2' 240Z's. just a refresher to keep you from having to read all 100 threads to this forum, I make a haedlight relay upgrade harnes for the 240Z.

1) It gives direct power from the battery to your headlights via. 2 new relays.

2) It will help keep your headlight switch and fuse box from further damage that is caused by to much current flowing through them from the lack of proper power wire and relay setup due to a 32+ year old design.

3) it is made up of new 12 gauge wire, new grounds, 10 gauge power wire to the relays, inline fuse holder, heat shrink-split loom.

4) New OEM style plugs for perfect integration into your 240 stock harness.

5) NO holes to drill, NO wires to cut, simple-clear instructions.

Contact me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com They only cost $45.00 + $8.00 S/H for a total of $53.00 in the U.S. CONTACT ME IF YOU WISH FOR A SHIPMENT OUTSIDE THE U.S.

As you can tell, I'll do what ever I can to make your purchase a satisfactory one, I garrantee my work and will help you along the way if there is a problem.

Thanks in advance,

Dave in WA. state

Glad to hear you got the harness Zak, I was starting to wonder.

I'll be moving soon to a new address but be happy for me, This one has a 2-car garage!!!

I'll still be zs-ondabrain and the wolfin32z@yahoo.com will still be me.

Any one interested in upgrading your 240Z's headlights to REAL power and saving your fusebox and headlight switches. contact me or read any part of this forum.

$53.00 in the U.S. pays for the harness and S/H.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you on PayPal yet? I would like to get one of these as quickly as possible as I have just run into some electrical gremlins in my Z and want to eliminate as many problems as possible.

EDIT: Sorry about this but I'll have to cancel this request. I just got a call from The Z Clinic (the shop that has my car) and they have already done the headlight relay work as part of their troubleshooting so I no longer have a need for this part. They reworked the tail lights, the dash wiring, and the headlights as mentioned so everything should be in good shape now! :D

Dave ,

I've been following this thread because I'm interested in your harness. And I was planning on getting one when the time is right. But I just noticed in the previous post that your harness works on the 240 until the 72 1/2. Does this mean that it won't work for my 73???

Ed

It's not that it does'nt work on the 73' it's just that NISSAN started to change the wiring harness on the 73's to make them ready for the 74' 260Z's

We've encountered a few problems with the lights staying on at all times and the only way to shut them off is to disconnect power to the relay harness. However, Me and a few others have had good luck with a rewire that I came up with which I now incorperate into the new harness's.

They harness's are now UNIVERSAL FOR ALL 240Z'S

The only part of Dave's harness that is specific to anything are the connectors. You just unplug them and plug the harness in instead. I'd be surprised if Nissan had to change the connectors as it's only got three wires. They're right in front of the radiator on each side where the harness comes from each headlight. Perhaps you could unplug yours, take a picture, and upload it here.

Just so EVERYONE is up to date on the new price.....

The harness's are now $125.00 and that includes shipping (inside the U.S.)

All my suppliers raised their prices and the price of gas (that I use to go get the parts) went up, therefor, I was forced to raise the price. I am truly sorry for those who think this is too much but it the only way that I can truly justify making them any more.

let me here it....

Dave