Nissan paint code 611 Dupont match? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Nissan paint code 611 Dupont match?

Featured Replies

Getting ready to have our '78 280Z repainted Nissan code 611 Wine Red Metallic. Does anyone know the Dupont formula or code for this paint?

Thanks

Can't the Dupont retailer look it up from the Factory Code? Seems like they should be able to. Their # has to be referenced to the Nissan (or whatever manufacturer) code.

Can't the Dupont retailer look it up from the Factory Code? Seems like they should be able to. By Bambikiller240

I beleive they will.They do here

PPG is a better paint in my opinion and they can match any color under the sun. I would think your Dupont rep could do the same, no?

Vicky

Nearly any competant body shop and certainly any body supply shop will be able to look it up on the computer. Of course, they will only be able to tell you the code of the paint manufacturer they use at that shop.

I use the computer at the Dodge dealer to look up paint codes for Dupont.

If the computer doesn't go back that far in time, their books certainly will.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I am sure the shop can. I was trying to educate myself. I figured someone here might have just gone through this with their car. I assume it is a base coat/clear coat correct?

Thanks

Pretty sure it was a plain old alkyd enamel, they didn't have bc/cc in the late 70's..... :rolleyes:

  • Author

I realize the old paint wasn't BC/CC.

the dupont reference code for 611 is 45062 and it is in Centari 600 Clear over base.that is what is in my Dupont book so it should be the same for the USA.

  • Author

Thanks that what I was looking for.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.