IGNORED

weber fed ZEDS please read this

datfreak

Hi all,

I was wondering if many of us would share our weber jet sizes vs different setup L series 6's.. Just to help others tune their weber fed ZEDs.

My 240z has the original block bored out to around 2.5l with a appox 280-288 degree cam or 74 degree depending on how you read them(tighe cams au-will edit with cam grind number later).

No porting- valve grind - 6,3,2 extractors 2.5 inch system.

Tripple webber 45's on lynx manifold running:

135 mains

155 air correction

32mm chokes

f2 emm tubes

35 accerator pump jet

f955 idle jets

"sock filters"

This setup gets me appox 21 MPG and revs out very hard above 3500rpm..

BUT is a bit coughy and sick up to 3000rpm which i think is mainly due

the "big" f2 emm tubes and the small 35 acc pump jets.. I also think that the 155 air corr jets is a bit small.

I hope to change the emm tubes to f11(or f15), the acc pump jets to 50's and the air corr jets to around 190-200..and i will post here when i do to show progress.

Anyone else wanta share their setups?

btw anyone else have any extra jets for sale in au(pm me!!)???

• 15 years later...

Hi, I'm  Ed.  Our shop currently has a '71 Series 1 240Z with a Paul Rushman built 280ZX F54 engine, Nissan Maxima round port N47 head. I am having a conversation with "Hoover or 240260280" We are building this car and almost done. The triple weber 40 DCOE series 151's are new to me regarding tuning. When we get more correct information I will update you. I think I should include some of the work done to this engine so people will know what type of a build this is. It's NOT stock by any imagination. Feel free to join in our discussion.

Thanks Ed

Edited by Ed Brock

Paul Ruschman is BRAAP over on Hybridz.  He's been more of an EFI, fuel injection, guy over there.  He's been out of the Z picture for a few years, not sure why.  Sounds like fun.

Edited by Zed Head
Ruschman

BRAAP is Paul's screen name on Hybridz.org.  You used your real name but most people come up with some sort of clever internet name.  "BRAAP" is the sound a race engine makes, so that's the name Paul chose on Hybridz.  I think that he also had an engine-building business for a while, Ruschman Motors, or something like that.

Here's his profile from Hybridz.org, and a page he made about one of his cars.  Hybridz.org has slowed down a lot since Paul was active there.

p.s. when you reply, write outside of the box of the quoted material.

https://forums.hybridz.org/profile/16-braap/?tab=activity

http://www.datsuns.com/projects/paulrproject.htm

Edited by Zed Head

Like this? I'll remember to go here instead. I do hope I did it correctly this time. Yes Paul did have an engine building service at one time. This engine was built about 12 years ago by him. This is it's first start up since being built. Break in is required also.

Thanks Ed

Zed Head,

I not that clever. Plus, I will most likely forget what I called myself.

Thanks for the information. I tried to look Paul up but you have to get on some sort of "site". I tried and got discussed, so I stopped trying.

Ed

I have an account on that other site.  I could send him a message for you.  Send me a message via the messaging thing on this site if you want me to pass on a phone number and you want to keep it private.  You can hold your cursor over my screen symbol, the two stud remnants and "Message' will pop up.  Or I can send you a message and you can reply.

240260280 has, or had, an account over there also.  He could do the same.  I'm not sure he was on good terms with some of the guys there though, for some reason.  @240260280

I was on the site today and saw that BRAAP had been on it in January.  So he's out there somewhere.