IGNORED

July Fast Fours Mag

g260

What if you want to build your own car and develop you own body control systems, nothing better than a low tech base to start with.

I have never been a one for car purism, but for some reason I had an internal conflict about modifying a 240Z. I had no issues whatsover doing what i wish with my 260Z however.

Different strokes for different folks.

Agreed. I'm pretty torn between both sides here.

So....when I am rich and stupid, I'll have both an imaculate, completely original 240Z and a modified zed or two. ;)

Now....better get onto that getting rich thing. :)

I have just checked out the article in Fast Fours. I must say that I am disappointed in the way that the article was written. There was no mention of the amount of time and money spent on getting the body the way it is and the engineering to get the RB25 into the engine bay.

The reference to "peered into the engne bay of this previously boring 240Z" also shocked me as the L series of Nissan engines is one of their best.

Now onto the car...

There has obsiviously beeen a lot of money spent on the bodywork getting it arrow straight and the paint job is pretty good. The choice of wheels of disappointing and it seems that Vince was trying to follow the trends of rice boy. The adaption of the skyline dashboard into the ZED dashboard simply ruins the the character of the car.

Anyway, that just my two cents worth....

I really like what he has done with the car.

Fitting Late model Skyline brakes all around, modifying and using pretty much the complete driveline. All the thought and work that went into it.

Looking at it from the outside, it almost appears to be a stock machine, but pop the hood and that changes fast.

I like the dash, considering his options. The skyline has a few more gauges than the 240z, so he would have has to tack extra gauges on in the interior anyway.

The wheels don't look quite right, but how many 18 inch mags around come in a style that suits the Z.

In the end, it is his car to fix up as he chooses. I bought mine from a wrecker and will modify it how i want too. In the end, the whole thing comes down to personal perception.

I too thought the actual article was a bit average, but flicking through the whole mag, it is consistent. Not up to the par you get in the Street Machine Mags, where they did a thing on the blue 240Z with the RB30 about 4 years back so luckily I only got it for the one article.

My thoughts only.

Liked the car

Disliked the article

Hated the magazine

It's perhaps a couple of years since I bought a car mag and what I can't believe is the amount of space taken up now by smut SMS and nudie screen saver adds,they may need to funnel some of that revenue into some decent writers

my2c

It's perhaps a couple of years since I bought a car mag and what I can't believe is the amount of space taken up now by smut SMS and nudie screen saver adds,they may need to funnel some of that revenue into some decent writers

I agree 100%. I couldn't believe the garbage in there. Really, the last thing teenage boys need is more WAM. Almost more emphasis on Girls than cars.

Hopefully another mag will get hold of that car in the future and do better.

I haven't read the article (yet) but I do know that the car almost went to the crusher (it was that rusty). It has about $100k invested in it, and when it was in Adelaide a last year for the Datsun 1600 nationals, it was one of the most beautiful examples of a Z to behold. His son's 510 isn't too shabby either with its S13 drivetrain, rear suspension,and all, Silvia interior & air-conditioning.

Not for the purists, but engineering feats all the same.

I shall post my opinion of the article in due course! :classic:

You might actually have some luck finding a facotry sump that fits as if I remember correctly, a few of the different cars the 2JZ's came in have a different sump position. Otherwise you can always go custom.

Also, the exhaust is on the opposite side of the engine bay. Not a huge drama though.

I can't say I've heard of the 2JZ swap being done before, but the 1JZ has been done a few times. Keep in mind the 2J is taller than the 1J as well. You'll want to spend some $ stengthening your shell too.