IGNORED

List of suitable parts from other makes

I've held them up next to each other. They are NOT the same.

Has anyone actually used 1600 / 120Y / 180B handles, or has this just stemmed from the fact that they look externally similar?

Mack Truck part number 54mt314dp88 speedo cable--running right now on my 72 Z. $14.75 current price. Worked for last 4 years. Couldnt believe it mated to speedo head and drive on tranny.

FWIW

Chris

P.S. Its 7.3 feet long but you can get shorter ones.

1600 handles definately fit, I've used them on my 240 and early 260's.

I know 180b don't and wouldn't think 120y do even if they all have the same form.

Just looked up the part #'s

1600 is a different # but does fit the early zeds 240z,260z &260z 2+2 up to JUL '76 which all share the same part #'s

From AUG '76 the part #'s change as did the door frames.

:ermm:

Steve

what are you saying Bambi?

:classic:

The differences between 1600 handles and zed handles was pointed out to me by a "reputable" person associated with zeds in Melbourne some years ago. It was a long time ago, but I seem to remember that the length + rear mounts were different. I'm not saying they don't fit, it was just pointed out to me that they are different. Now maybe there were more than 1 type of 1600 (etc) handle? I'm sure not a 510 expert.. My call was to ask if anyone has actually done the swap, or is it just heresay based on the fact that the handles look similar?

I've heard that 280zx radiators fit in 240's - but you have to file out the holes to get them in. The benefit is that the ZX has more cores and hence better cooling capacity.

Two people typing at the same time :classic:

If that's true - I'll be raiding my mates 1600 parts stash for some better handles, mine are stuffed!! Nice one HKSZ..

Originally posted by Gee

I've heard that 280zx radiators fit in 240's - but you have to file out the holes to get them in. The benefit is that the ZX has more cores and hence better cooling capacity.

I'm currently running a 280ZX radiator ('82 to be specific, but they're all the same) in my 240Z. Only two mods were required.

Only two of the mounting tabs will line up: either the top two or the bottom two. If you line up the top two, then the top of the radiator will hit the hood when it is shut. Line up the bottom two mounting holes, then drill new holes for the top two mounting tabs. Only other thing is you have to get a new lower hose for a 280Z or 280ZX. The lower hose connection on the radiator comes out straight on the ZX, unlike the 240Z where it bends upward. Thus, you need a slightly longer hose with a bend on the end.

Benefit: additional cooling core (3 vs. 2) and overall larger cooling capacity. Coupled with an OEM thermostat (larger opening) my 240 now runs cooler than ever before even at sustained high speeds in the hot Texas summer heat!

That enough description for you Bambi? :classic: LOL :classic: LOL