IGNORED

The Best Classic Z?

Datsun-Fever

Well, I'm at work unable to give you a well thought out replay. I'm sure someone els will.

In my opinion the best Z is a 1970 240Z E-31 head with twin chokes. It goes down from there. Every year after they got heavier and slower.

Personally I dot like any 2+2 model Z (not ZX). They just look weird.

Well I got to go

-Brandon

All the Body panels are interchangeable between the 240 and the 280. The 280 is slightly wider by about 2 or so inches than the 240. The only difference with the front is the 280 had a vented which can be very easily switched to a 260-240 style hood.

Where did you but your Air dam? Who makes it? What does it look like? If Possible Post a picture of the part.

what cars got the best reviews and are the best to buy.

It depends all on what you want and what you can afford. My best advice is by the most expensive (Best) car that you can afford. Do not try and be stingy-it'll hurt you in the long run.

Rust is the killer to all Z's. Have a knowledgeable Zer look over the car your going to buy. I say knowledgeable man cuz he'll look for things your unable to find out online.

-Brandon

Originally posted by lordbiotree

All the Body panels are interchangeable between the 240 and the 280. -Brandon

Brandon are you sure about that? Where do you get your body panels? Just curious because I bought a right front fender from Tweaks before they went out of business and the fender isnt even close to the original. The fender to hood seam was wrong and the fender to headlight bucket seam is so far off you'd laugh.

Just wondering,

Chris

as the yrs went on, they did work out some of the kinks but in doing so, they create other kinks especially in the 77's & 78's.....LOL. These 2 yrs had that funny looking bumper that looked to be a little too long. It comes down to whether you like CARBS or EFI.....

Originally posted by Bambikiller240

Doors are not interchangable.

Hey Carl, what kind of door is this? I have a non 240Z right hand door assembly on my 72. I dont know if its a 260 or 280 door. Has the rubber seal across the top of the stainless window frame. Has different window regulator mechanism. And original armrest wouldnt bolt on because the holes were not there. Had to make armrest fit with nutserts. Maybe someone can ID this door.

Chris

post-5906-14150793764071_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by ChrisA

Hey Carl, what kind of door is this? I have a non 240Z right hand door assembly on my 72. I dont know if its a 260 or 280 door. Has the rubber seal across the top of the stainless window frame. Has different window regulator mechanism. And original armrest wouldnt bolt on because the holes were not there. Had to make armrest fit with nutserts. Maybe someone can ID this door. Chris

Chris:

Maybe a late 73 240Z or early 260Z door? I'm not sure. Everyone I have spoken with indicates that the door latching points and mechanisms are different between 240 and 280 and they will not interchange without major modifications. I had a 3/73 mfg'd 240Z that had doors like the one in your picture.