IGNORED

1973 Datsun : Z-series 240 Z

Mike

$20,000 is a lot to pay for Z-car that's almost 30 years old.

Most of us with grease under our fingernails either don't have the $20,000 or or wouldn't spend it for a car that we can't tinker with. I know I would rather have a Z that I could "improve" with things like electronic ignition, Suspension Techniques springs, Tokiko strut inserts, etc. than one merely to maintain in pristine original condition.

I know there are those out there who value the original restoration, and I can respect that - life would be pretty boring if we all had the same values and opinions, wouldn't it?

I for one wish I had the funds to buy one of the "Z Store" cars. Why? Because I love my Z's and the one thing I never had a chance to do was to buy one brand new. I always wondered what it would be like to drive one off the lot with that "new car smell"!

Too bad this car isn't one of the factory cars, it might be worth the asking price.:finger:

Hey 2many,

I can tell you want it felt like cause I'm an old guy now.

Flashback to '73 - went to the dealer and got jerked around as I was just 19 and they treated me very poorly - didn't want to let me drive one or talk seriously about the pricing.

So I found one in the paper that was two months old that the owner had to sell. I had sold my 2 liter roadster and had all cash; a wad of $100's. He saw the cash and buckled under selling it to me for $500 less than he had just paid - got it for $4000 bucks. (alot of $ back then). I still remember counting out the 100's on his coffee table then driving off in that car. It was white with the red interior, just gorgeous and as it had less than 2K on the clock it did have that new car smell still - nice heavy plastic odor that lasted for some time too!

19 and the hottest new sports car you could get for the $ - I was no doubt unbearable for my friends to be around and lucky not to have killed myself in it. I've had several since but I still love that first Z the most.