IGNORED

S30 ID Numbers & Tags

TomoHawk

There's also the one under the hood behind the strut tower. It has car type (HLS30), engine capacity, max h.p. @ rpm, wheel base, engine type, & chassis #. The one billramsey2002 mentions had the manufacture date (m/Y), GVW, GVW F & R, Federal safety standards compliance statement, VIN, and type of car (passenger).

The paint code and coolant decals are on the radiator support just ahead of the passenger side of the radiator. The head number is on the bottom of the head between cylinders 1 & 2, the engine nunber is on the top of the block between cylinders 5 & 6. The trans, diff, etc. I'd have to look.

I think Tomohawk wants to know if there is a plate like a "Protecto Plate" on GM cars and trucks. Which GM used to stick under the seats. I dont think there is in a Z car. I have heard that some people have found stickers/labels/tags on the underside of the dash pad. But they were in Japanese.

Domo Arigato

You got them all. There are no serial numbers on the transmission or diff. The number on the head is a casting number as are various other casting numbers which don't relate to a specific car. The stock steel wheels are date stamped as are the Federal ID labels on the seat belts, but the dates do not neceessarily coincide with the date of manufacture. For instance my wheels are date stamped 10/69 and my seat belts 9/69. My car was manufactured 11/69.

On US cars, the VIN number on the driver's door, dash, firewall, and right front shock tower should match. The date of manufacture is on the door tag and the engine number - stamped on the top of the block between 5 and 6 - is on the shock tower tag.

Other than that, you gotta be really knowledgeable and picky about what parts are correctest for a specific car. And even then it is tricky. I know of three different E41 castings for the intake manifold (non emissions).

After the recent discussion on vehicle 'originality' and watching the "Car Search" program and B-J auctions, I started to wonder if Zeds had all the tags, stickers and numbers that all those big-dollar collector cars had (like muscle cars, vintage, sports cars). I have all the documentation I got on my car, S/N 434056, and maybe it'll help with future value. Having all the numbers "match" might avoid some arguments.

Can you get a build sheet for your Zed?