IGNORED

240Z Nissan restored on e-bay

RobertH

This car has been on e-bay several times with no bids and I wonder why it has not sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2467973678&category=6187

I was under the impression that these factory restored cars were brought back to 100% and the odo was turned back to 0000. The ad claims over 50,000 miles. Is the price too high? What is one of the factory approved reconditioned 240Zs worth?

That car has been discussed a couple time already.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11630

Price is too high for one thing, and there's a couple other things that don't quite add up......:ermm:

I noticed he did get a bid at 25K, yet it keeps getting re-listed, so obviously he thinks it's worth much more than that. The highest we've seen one of the Z Store cars sell for was around 18.5K on Ebay, and it was a much nicer car, with no "oddities"....

There are some serious collectors in the Tampa area. The car has been discussed. Harry Frigg mentioned it in his thread a few days ago. I do know it is being sold through a dealer, but not much more. I have been watching with interest, although the "damn shame" thread was great. Who bought that car? I think that car could easily bring $30,000 restored. (And it will probably take 30 to restore it)

Beck has been discussing a couple of choice cars on his IZCC site. I understand a guy in New York is selling an extremely nice silver '71 - asking $30,000 - and I have seen a couple of very nice early cars sell within the last few months in the high teens.

Although the eBay car is no bargain, it looks like it could be a decent car. It all depends on how true it is to the unique claims about it. I have heard both yes and no to the question about the odometers being reset to zero. I would certainly expect an accounting of the milage. Has anyone actually seen this car?

post-4148-1415079369208_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by deadflo

Both Z car magazine and a road and track article said the odometers would be left at the mileage they were at before the restoration, and not rolled back.

I believe that is because the value of a TMU car is difficult to establish.

Originally posted by 2ManyZs

I just noticed this morning that it has been re-listed with a starting bid of 27.5K.... no bids on the previous listings with a starting bid of 25K and they raise the starting bid????:stupid: :stupid: :cross-eye

I think they did this because they no longer list a reserve price.

Originally posted by koreavet

I think they did this because they no longer list a reserve price.

Yeah, but they weren't getting any bids of $25K even if there was a higher reserve price. Time will tell, but IMHO it's gonna a deep pockets and a shallow brain pan to sell at this price.