IGNORED

Damn shame....

2ManyZs

I don't hate them I still like seeing them on the road it's just i owned one and it was a bit of a lemon truth be told, they are fun with friends in the back and they drive quite well with the longer wheel base but that particular example Ben was talking about saving IMHO was not worth the money you'd pour into it. $30k easy to get it right and you would be lucky to see 1/3 of it.

I don't think I'll own another one again but who knows.

Gav

V12horse,

I saw that you were interested in what became of the first fairlady mentioned in this thread. The car was purchased by a friend of mine and was towed home pretty recently to undergo its much deserved restoration. Another one saved from the crusher.

That is great to hear St. Stephen!! :classic:

Gav240z, to answer your question, yes it should have the mesh grill. IMO I am sure the performance is comprimised on the 2/2, and I know of a lot of people don't like the look of the extended roof line, but I learned to love how these cars look from the photos in Brian Long's book, "Fairlady to 280Z." I think an awesome car to build would be a 2/2 ZG replica like the one at the 1973 (Or was it 1974?) Tokyo autoshow, like the one zedrally is building. Anyways, I would like to think of myself as a lover of all zeds, but yes I do prefer the 2 seater.

Take care everyone, and don't listen to Gavin.:tapemouth Save this sole of a Zcar!!!

Ben:classic:

p.s. The upside to this car is that it is a ZL. Thus, it would have the 5-speed gear box, 2-tone deluxe seat covers, the rally clock, and a lot more features that I do not know. Someone enlighten me and the thread. I have only seen one Fairlady Z 2/2 in the flesh and it was in pretty bad shape. The photo is in my gallery.

Originally posted by St.stephen

V12horse,

I saw that you were interested in what became of the first fairlady mentioned in this thread. The car was purchased by a friend of mine and was towed home pretty recently to undergo its much deserved restoration. Another one saved from the crusher.

That's good to hear, St.stephen.

My offer of help still stands. If I can be of any use, please let me know. I'll try my best to help him.

Cheers,

Alan T.

thanks so much alan! I'm sure we'll need it to correctly restore it to what it deserves to be. He also has a true 69 series one car that he's currently putting back together as well. Next time I am down there I'll bring the camera and get some pics. I'm sure everyone will be interested in both of the cars progress.