Sign in to follow this  
seerex

Best car or car chase

one of the first car movies I had ever seen was corvette summer , interest if nothing else , anyone ever remember a cheesey horror movie called "The Car "

Come on... did I read the posts too fast or did all of you forget about Dirty Harry in The Deadpool and the remote control car????

Originally posted by CoastGuardZ

And for any of the turbo dodge fans out there...

The Wraith... 80's film with charlie sheen, dies-comes back to life with a badass turbo charged chrysler. Lot of goofey 80's custom cars... like a Vette with the front end kit that gives it the non pop-up square headlights:sick:

Nate

I used to love that movie and hired it several times until my local video store had it pinched. :mad:

The Wraith.......

maybe somebody should start a thread about the worst car chases of all time, I'm sure it would rate a mention, along with other vomit ridden favourites such as:

Cobra, (sly Stallone, nice car, bad movie)

Gone in 60 seconds (the remake was a load of crud)

XXX (need I say more)

That is just the tip of the iceberg:sick:

I dunno if it counts as a car chase movie but you can't go past American Graffiti as an awesome car flick. Harrison Ford's worked '55 chev Bel Air is an awesome piece of work... and the lines...

Toad "what have u got?"

Harrison "more than you can handle"

the tools you see on prime time tv. Like "Wildest Police Video's" or "Worlds Worst Drivers" and "Real TV". Unscripted and real.

The guy driving the tank through San Diego, or the guy that steels a bus in Los Angeles. All tools:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

My vote for worst would be either Mad Max movie.

I can't believe that any of those vehicles would actually be able to exist.

My favorite is the Gene Hackman French Connection scene. I also admit to like the wacky Blues Brothers stuff with the Pinto Wagon flying off the road and sailing thru the air for what seemed like 10 minutes with Ride of the Valkyries music playing. Illinois Nazi's LOL!!

C'est etait un Rendezvous

Mad Max--The Road Warrior

The S4 in Ronin was awsome and classic.

What was the one with the truck who chases the guy all day long. Creepy. The Chase? Was it Steve McQueen or...or...or? I'm getting old.

steve

Are you thinking about Dennis Weaver in "Duel", oh green one?LOL

Driving a Valiant thru the desert and gets chased by an old Peterbilt pulling a tanker?

Anybody remember some ol' car movie where a guy drive a cuda ( I think) across the American desert, meeting different people (boy on a scooter, truck driver, witch lady), andthen crashes into a buldozer just before the movie ends?

My vote for wierdest car movie.

Yes! The Duel. Strangest hour and a half I have ever subjected myself to (several times).

Just got a really clean copy of 'C'est etait un Rendezvous'. Watched it numerous times and while great, there are some 'issues' I have with it........

steve

I dunno about that movie. The one I remembered was from the 60s or 70's. This guy wakes up one morning, gets in his car and ( I think it was a cuda- could've something else) just drives across the dessert to CA. Couldn't figure out why. Don't rember if he had a pregnant wife. On the way he meets various people. I think there was a short chase, with the guy and some local yahoo redneck-types. The guy finally makes it to CA where there is a roadblock and he just crashes into the front of a bulldozer-the end. Not sure he was being chased by the Police.

Would like to look into it deeper to remember correctly.

thx

"Black Moon Rising" was also cool. Cool car. the story wasn't so great- like a preview of 'Knight Rider.'

I remeber watching a very cheap movie called "The Car". It was about a black early 70ish Dodge Charger that just reaked havoc on all the good citizens in town. Alot of tire spinning.

What about the recent movie "Joy Ride". Sort of a car/semi truck chase. Remember the famous line..."Anybody out there seen Candy Cane". Pretty freaky movie IMO.

Vicky

It looks like the winner is Vanishing Point!

I don't remember the part of the naked lady on the motorbike, but I remember the motorbike, hitchhiker(s), and at the end the guy was so doped up on pills and depressed/worn out, he just crashed into the roadblock.

I'll put it on my list...

thx.