IGNORED

Best car or car chase

seerex

this might get the crowd fired up, which movies do you like the most , car themed or chase action, Ronin I thought was great and gone in 60 seconds both versions any other thoughts:geek: please no fast and furious:sick: we can eliminate that one now atleast for my tastes LOL

Bullitt had a pretty good chase scene

I didn't much care for the chase scene in the new 'Gone in 60 Seconds' movie since all the camerawork involved really tight shots that made telling what was going on a little difficult. It also loses points in my book for using CG in certain parts.

Mad Max does it for me, not just because I'm a rev head but its a suspence/thriller in my book, thoses bikies on their Z 9 Kawakas scared me shitless of motorcyclists or MC gangs when I was a kid.

Maybe Toecutter has an opinion on this movie? :devious:

Couldn't tell how you many times I've watched it but I'll retire the cassette if its out on dvd?

Heres some more I've seen

Stone

Aust '73

undercover cop joins MC gang, racing around sydney on more Kawaka 900's

Running on empty

Aust '83

James Dean dude in a 57 Chevy with a chip on his shoulder

The Vanishing Point

USA '70

This was a good movie

-Car thief drives a hot car (a Dodge Challenger I think) across US racing police and everyone else on the road.

I wish more films would have a ending like this one.

Two lane blacktop

USA '71

Finally found this on payTV last week , it maybe the passage of time but this film was a bit lameo

-two hoons aimlessly drive across US in a 55 Chevy, starred the singers brian wilson and a angry young james taylor with a full head of hair. The directors must have known it was going to suck as they didn't bother to give the characters names just 'the driver' 'the mechanic'

.......James because of your music you are forgiven.

Steve

HKSZ,

I'm just glad someone else has heard of 2 lane black top.

I don't know why but I have always loved it! About 4 years ago I was talking to a coworker about car movies and he says "I've got one you can have" The next day he brought me in the VHS version. I have never seen another copy of it for sale before. It's in a nice plastic case like the Disney movies come in too.

Nate

Originally posted by HKSZ

Mad Max does it for me, not just because I'm a rev head but its a suspence/thriller in my book, thoses bikies on their Z 9 Kawakas scared me shitless of motorcyclists or MC gangs when I was a kid.

Maybe Toecutter has an opinion on this movie? :devious:

Couldn't tell how you many times I've watched it but I'll retire the cassette if its out on dvd?

Running on empty

Aust '83

James Dean dude in a 57 Chevy with a chip on his shoulder

Steve

Hi Steve

If you have picked up the March Street Machine you would have come across an article on one Peter Barton from Melbourne who is a Mad Max freak. He's also a webmaster so he has a web site about Mad Max movies which is probably the definative resource for fans. Check it out at http://www.madmaxmovies.com

As far as Running on Empty is concerned, it has to be one of my fav Aussie flicks. Didn't bother listing it as I didn't think many people would know about it. Some excellent cars mixed with some dodgy acting always = a great movie. Especially when one of the characters is an uber cool blind mechanic who tears up the outback streets with his missus as the co-pilot.