IGNORED

2 Mikuni's?

TTDRIVER

As I understand it, No.

The Mikuni Solex Carbs have 2 barrells per carb, thusly Triple Mikunis provide 1 barrel per cylinder.

I don't think there'd be an easy or efficient manner of setting up 4 barrells to 6 cylinders.

It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. And I shall be happily corrected... as I also could pick up a set of twin Mikuni Solex carbs for a fairly cheap price.

The way that Mik's are designed seems like it would be really difficult for the spread / atomization of the fuel going into the intake, the information is correct that it is a "carb per cylinder" type of approach...

The correction rule applies to me as well by the way...

Have a great day.

My 3cents...

I don't know exactly what the larger (44mm and up) Mikuni's will flow, but seems to me they should flow almost as much if not more than the SU.

But, like was previously stated, the intake manifold would have to be well engineered to distribute evenly to all three cylinders, or you would end up with lean cylinders such as the problems associated with the 4 barrel swap seems to have.

Might be an interesting mod, but the R&D on the intake might be a bit excessive, you might end up having to fab an intake out of sheetmetal and do a lot of dyno and flow testing.

Its a deal because the guy needs money and he only has two, so you need to realize if you want this "deal" that you will have to source a third mikuni. Sourcing a third carb will be cheaper then trying to use only two when Mikuni designed it for triples on a Z.

The weber dual carb setup is DGV DOWNDRAFT 32/36 and the manifolds will no way accept the mikunis. They are designed to bolt up to the stock carb intakes with the DGVs mounted on top of manifold adapters.

Later,

Mike

I'm not trying to be smart but.......are the Mikuni's that you are looking at twin chokes or single chokes (kinda like a SU)

The reason I ask is that many Japanese motorbikes were/are fitted with Mikuni SU type carbs (one for each cylinder).

I doubt if they have made one big enough for 3 cylinders on a L24 but they just might have. I have had a few motorbikes and have always wondered if you could fit 6 flat side mikunis onto a L24/26/28. Yes you would have to make a custom manifold and they'd be a PITA to setup/tune....but they would look wicked.

In answer to your last question can you get new ones. Not too sure but you'd be better off trying to get a third that is the same model as the other two, as different model carbs are hard to work with......good luck