IGNORED

280zx gauges in a z?

Rij Martin

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2017 at 2:26 AM, idgemartin said:

My question is can you swap a 280zx clock (or any of the trio gauges) into a 280z? I have done a bit of searching and can't find a write up where someone has put the ZX gauges into the s30. Do they use the same connectors?

This is a 79 ZX clock. Notice how the face isn't completely round. I just pulled this today as I was curious on your post and curious myself. You might be able to figure something out but it won't be easy. 

The other thing is the plastic face screws right to the front of the 3 pod bezel making adjust the hands an issue. And of course it doesn't sit square either. 

Two wire hookup is a breeze and still tells time pretty good! 

IMG_0085.JPG

Why do you want the change clocks. If you are doing it because you happen to have a ZX clock handy, it might be easier to try and repair the original. Do you still have the original?

Here is a write-up by @monkeyman in australia. It seems an easy procedure to follow and would probably be a lot easier than converting a ZX.

I think zclocks does an exchange service.

How to fix your 260Z or 280Z clock - rev 1.pdf