IGNORED

Reproduction emergency brake cable

esprist

I would like to introduce another high quality new reproduction part from Japan. It is for 1969-1973 Emergency brake cable assembly.

It even come with pins at the end. They are NLA from Nissan.

I own few NOS ones, but these look just like original ones, and made by named brake company for a shop in Japan.

It cost about $250 each.

Esprist

post-16910-14150808083185_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150808083755_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150808084159_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

My solution was to hammer the clip to be more flat and grind away some metal on the inner lip of the clips.  The problem with the clips being as thick is they are is when you start driving the clip in there is too much force upward and the brake cable end pops upward.  With the thinner more gradual thickness the clip goes in easily.  Onward to the next problem.

1706-EBrake1.jpg

1706-EBrake2.jpg

It looks like you ground off the protective zinc plating on the steel, which will lead to the clip rusting rather quickly.  Might me easiest to spray some clear coat over the assembly to help protect it.  Otherwise, looks very nice under there.

• Like 1