IGNORED

Steering - exploded view

rdefabri

I did see this, but it doesn't show the horn pad mount. I am missing that, wanted to see if there's a part # or what it looked like. I also happen to have a spare steering coupler. Rather than taking everything apart, I wanted to see the position in the column.

So I have another questions on from the microfiche. How can I find the part number for #33 on the diagram (lower u-joint). I have been looking for a replacement for some time.

Part numbers are listed below, you just have to click the right link till #33 is displayed 6b6 & 6b7 depending on your cars year.

Mr C. - I didn't thank you either, my apologies - thanks for pointing me to this site.

Now I have an even "dumber-er" question - I can't find the mounting kit / parts...at least not online. Arne once pointed out that you can get parts via a Nissan dealer, but I am not confident in my local dealer.

I did see a Grant steering wheel mounting kit at JC Whitney. Obviously, it's intended to mount a Grant steering wheel - wondering if some of the parts could be sourced to mount the horn pad on an OEM wheel...anyone know?

Am I making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be?

Maybe this will help....

post-9676-14150804091927_thumb.jpg

post-9676-14150804116217_thumb.jpg

I was looking for some of these parts as well - found them on ebay rather inexpensively.... I needed replacement for #19 because it cracked and one of the #20 pieces that grips the pad/button had broken away leaving the pad to rest in your lap after each good bump.