IGNORED

Does anyone recognise these wheels?

EricB

I know they're not the same but maybe one of the 510 guys can help get a lead on where to look.

One of them may have run across that particular style in the search for their "libre's".

Just a thought off the top of the 'ol noggin, Carl.

I may not know all the answers but some times I can shove ya in the right direction. And besides, "e racer1999" was interested in the Libre's also.

Dave.

Eric, I believe that the wheels on the ZG that you have pictured were produced by Kobe Seiko and were on the factory sports option list. I am not certain on this, so please don't take my word. Hopefully someone can bring light to these wheels soon. I was looking through an old Nostalgic Hero magazine and there was a short nose 240ZR(I believe it is a replica.) with works (not sure what type) flares that had these wheels. The sizes were R: 15 X 12J F:15 X 10J. In short, I am quite sure that these were the wheels that were used for the WORKS 240ZRs'. Hmm, from when I have talked with Alan, he said that 14" wheels were the only size on the factory sports lists. I am confused. I am as interested on this as you are Eric.

I know that Kobe Seiko made an eight-spoke wheel that looked similiar to Watanabe's and they were R:14 X 9.5jj, F:14 X 8.5jj ; they were magnesium and they were also offered on the factory sports list for the Fairlady Z432-R (PS30-SB). This doesn't really help us. I was just mentioning them as it is in the same category.

It looks like Alan has seen the same car. I love it.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7741&sort=2&cat=500&page=16

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7739&sort=2&cat=500&page=16

Regards,

Ben

I know they're not the same but maybe one of the 510 guys can help get a lead on where to look.....................I may not know all the answers but some times I can shove ya in the right direction. And besides, "e racer1999" was interested in the Libre's also.

Dave.

Woa, easy now.

My post wasn't directed at correcting you or anyone. No one mentioned Libre as being the name of the wheels commonly found on on 510's until I did. I was adding info to the thread. No one said you did or didn't know the answers.

EDITTED due to misunderstanding..

Hey Ben

Good eye on spotting that they are the same wheels as what Alan has pictured from one of his Club S30 outings... I'm sure he knows what they are... from looking at the other pics of the car in question I was more leaning to believing they were 14s rather than 15s myself... then again I didn't enlarge the pic to see if I could read the sidewall although it is apparent its an ADVAN (Yokohama) tire on there...

I thought the Kobe Seiko magnesium sports option is the 4spoke one that looks sort of similar but not the same of course to the ZX iron cross wheels. I didn't realize there was an eight spoke variation.

I thought the Kobe Seiko magnesium sports option is the 4spoke one that looks sort of similar but not the same of course to the ZX iron cross wheels. I didn't realize there was an eight spoke variation.

I think I know which Kobe Seiko wheel you are talking about. You are thinking of the 14 by 6j wheel that is slightly different than the standard z432 wheel no? I think the particular wheel you are talking about was an option for the standard PS30.

Here is a picture that came out of volume 96 of Nostalgic Hero of a factory Z432-R racer fitted with 4-spoke 14 by 7j Kobe Seiko wheels that were a sports option for the Z432-R (PS30-SB). The one of the ZG that you pictured may have come later(???).

-Ben

p.s. I apologize for the unfocused picture.

post-3738-14150794707374_thumb.jpg