IGNORED

Green connector unplugged.

rcb280z

I just recently acquired a speedo for a 280z. I think everyone that owns a 280 knows what the backside of the speedo looks like. The green connector, shown in the pic, shows it unplugged. I believe it is for the BCDD but I'm not 100% sure. I found it in the schematic but its not clear to me because it doesn't show it as a separate connector. Can anyone verify it is for the BCDD?

speedo2.jpg

It does actually. I should have given it another look, would have seen the wires for the connector coming from the "box" :facepalm:. My wife told me the other day that I am blind as a bat, lol.

So I guess that would be a good way to disable the BCDD if it were giving someone a problem right?

As previously mentioned, it's for the BCDD.

The BCDD is active when there is no signal supplied to it. so with that connector disconnected, the BCDD will be active at all times.

Of course, depending on how you have the BCDD mechanically adjusted, there might not be any difference whether it's activated or not.