IGNORED

Very rare 240Z emblem

kats

Hi everyone,

Today I am asking everyone about very rare 240Z emblems.

Earliest 240Z owner(like 1969)may already know,quater emblems

and a rear deck emblem "240Z" are different from later ones.

The letter "Z" is in chrome plated not painted white inlay.

I did not know about this first,my friend Jeff told me recently.He also showed the rare emblems in degital photos,they are available on my website at http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903/

A week ago,I happend to see this in japanese yahoo auction and

no other japanese Z owner was interested in it,I got it.

I know the earliest 240Z got this chrome "Z" emblem,according to

the first sales brochure's top page in the U.S.Also japanese magazine showed this early emblems.

But how much 240Zs have this emblem?Jeff told me in the "Nissan consumer guid"said up to HLS30-02500 have this earliest emblem.

If so,and plese let me know who has this emblem and VIN number.I want to know so much.

Thank you,

kats

post-3193-14150793582997_thumb.jpg

Not wishing to steal your thunder, Kats - but I think the earliest type of B pillar emblem on the 432 is possibly the rarest of all the Z emblems.

It was round, and looks very similar to the later 'vent' type of B pillar emblem fitted to all the later models, BUT if you look at it closely its not actually a vent at all......

post-2116-14150793583212_thumb.jpg

Don't feel bad, mdbrandy. I KNOW my badging is the later style. There was no badging at all on my car when I bought it.

Kats, do you have the chromed plastic thumb latch for the fuel door? The later styles were chromed metal and closed in the horizontal position. The early ones were chromed plastic and closed in the verticle position.