VQ35DETT's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

VQ35DETT

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by VQ35DETT

  1. VQ35DETT commented on VQ35DETT's gallery image in Member Albums
  2. My G35 6spd was stolen a while ago. The interior was burnt to a hulk, but the motor remained intact. I should have found out how much insurance was willing to sell it back to me for. Damn. If it was cheap, I could have bought it back and see if it was "even" possible. And if not, I could have just sold the motor. Damn!
  3. I respect that. Definitely share with us your experience as you build and then tune your motor.
  4. Yes, I agree. From my knowledge, going a lil richer is on the "safer" side. Going "lean" on the other hand, asking for detonation! Makes me wonder about what some of the other members are hearing...
  5. Can other members post more of their buildups, swaps, etc., please???
  6. Kool. Thanks for all your help, advice and info. We'll see what I end up doing. If and when it sees through, I will keep you all posted. Anymore???
  7. Sounds like a crazy N/A buildup! And oh, I like the looks of the triple carbs! Are they easy to work with?
  8. Matt - So the block is the same size??? Sounds like an easy swap. What harness and computer should I be using?
  9. VQ35DETT commented on EricB's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  10. VQ35DETT commented on panchovisa's gallery image in Miscellaneous
  11. Can other members post more of their buildups, swaps, etc., please???
  12. Sounds like a nice N/A buildup! keep us posted and give us your impressions when its done!
  13. I can understand that. Well definitely keep us posted on your buildup!
  14. Thanks Matt. That sounds good. But do they make mounts for it? I'm a newbie here, and my mechanical knowledge only comes from hondas. Give me some more info on this swap. Thanks!
  15. Your buddies ride is nice!
  16. Yeah, if I could push anywhere around 230+ on a L6, that would be nice. Oh and can't forget to mention, pump gas. Just too bad our highest is 91 here. Sucks major arse! Yeah, if you need a HOnda motor built, I can refer you to Jerry Built Racing. He's a personal friend of mine that I known for years. He's build some of the craziest honda street/strip motors around. He's well known in the street races here in southern cali. His most recent 2.0 vtec motor pushed out 261 to the wheels which helped his hatchback run 11.7 on the quartermile. Here's proof that a 1.8 motor on 91 pump gas can do >>> http://www.importreview.com/dyno/1.8/group2/ITR2.gif Jerry built racing >>> http://www.jerrybuiltracing.com/ John Coffey's car sounds pretty bad arse! But yeah, money is an issue right now. BTW, Dan, do you know where I can purchase a 4 point or 6 point rollcage? I want to put one on, before I get the whole car worked and painted. Let me know if you know of any shops and/or costs. Thanks!
  17. Your friend EricB's Green colored Z is pretty damn nice!
  18. Thanks fellas. Thats nice. Very nice...
  19. VQ35DETT commented on Ed's gallery image in 04 Motorsport Auto Nationals
  20. Thanks Dan for your reply. 238?!? Sounds good, although the intial 255 was better. And was your car dyno'ed on an engine dyno or car dyno? And you are running 11.1 cr on 91 pump gas correct? What is the highest you think we can run compression wise on 91 pump gas? On hondas, we have did 12.1 and retard timing all the way to run on pump gas. And some 1.8's that we have built were dyno'ing at 205-215 to the wheels. But again this is honda's running natural aspirated. What is the max hp have you seen with guys like yourself building N/A motors on carbs and pump gas? I really want to research all my options. Thx again.
  21. Oh, Dan, btw, here is the link to a motor package for the 510/240Z >>> http://www.racetep.com/xmasspecials.html#dat Do you think it's worth it? Pls give me your opinion on this one. Thanks!
  22. So the L28 sounds like the more reasonable way to go... Dan Baldwin - Are you running the same motor? I see on your sig it says 3.1??? And 255? Thats good enough for me. Dan do you have pix of your motor/engine bay that you can share with me?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.