Everything posted by VQ35DETT
-
My_G35_1
Wow, didn't know that I received comments from you guys. The wheels are Work Racing, 20x8.5 Front and 20x10.5 Rear. 2 inch of lip in front and 4 inches of lip in back. Glad you guys liked it.
-
VQ35DE motor in to a '73 Z???
My G35 6spd was stolen a while ago. The interior was burnt to a hulk, but the motor remained intact. I should have found out how much insurance was willing to sell it back to me for. Damn. If it was cheap, I could have bought it back and see if it was "even" possible. And if not, I could have just sold the motor. Damn!
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
I respect that. Definitely share with us your experience as you build and then tune your motor.
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Yes, I agree. From my knowledge, going a lil richer is on the "safer" side. Going "lean" on the other hand, asking for detonation! Makes me wonder about what some of the other members are hearing...
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Thanks for the info beandip!
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Thanks Gavin for the info! I'll check it out...
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Can other members post more of their buildups, swaps, etc., please???
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Kool. Thanks for all your help, advice and info. We'll see what I end up doing. If and when it sees through, I will keep you all posted. Anymore???
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Sounds like a crazy N/A buildup! And oh, I like the looks of the triple carbs! Are they easy to work with?
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Matt - So the block is the same size??? Sounds like an easy swap. What harness and computer should I be using?
- S30-3-15
- Strut Brake combo
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Can other members post more of their buildups, swaps, etc., please???
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Sounds like a nice N/A buildup! keep us posted and give us your impressions when its done!
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
I can understand that. Well definitely keep us posted on your buildup!
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Thanks Matt. That sounds good. But do they make mounts for it? I'm a newbie here, and my mechanical knowledge only comes from hondas. Give me some more info on this swap. Thanks!
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Sounds nice! I gots to check it out. Thx.
-
If you have ZG flares and 15" RS watanabes...
Your buddies ride is nice!
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Yeah, if I could push anywhere around 230+ on a L6, that would be nice. Oh and can't forget to mention, pump gas. Just too bad our highest is 91 here. Sucks major arse! Yeah, if you need a HOnda motor built, I can refer you to Jerry Built Racing. He's a personal friend of mine that I known for years. He's build some of the craziest honda street/strip motors around. He's well known in the street races here in southern cali. His most recent 2.0 vtec motor pushed out 261 to the wheels which helped his hatchback run 11.7 on the quartermile. Here's proof that a 1.8 motor on 91 pump gas can do >>> http://www.importreview.com/dyno/1.8/group2/ITR2.gif Jerry built racing >>> http://www.jerrybuiltracing.com/ John Coffey's car sounds pretty bad arse! But yeah, money is an issue right now. BTW, Dan, do you know where I can purchase a 4 point or 6 point rollcage? I want to put one on, before I get the whole car worked and painted. Let me know if you know of any shops and/or costs. Thanks!
-
If you have ZG flares and 15" RS watanabes...
Your friend EricB's Green colored Z is pretty damn nice!
-
If you have ZG flares and 15" RS watanabes...
Thanks fellas. Thats nice. Very nice...
- nice one
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Thanks Dan for your reply. 238?!? Sounds good, although the intial 255 was better. And was your car dyno'ed on an engine dyno or car dyno? And you are running 11.1 cr on 91 pump gas correct? What is the highest you think we can run compression wise on 91 pump gas? On hondas, we have did 12.1 and retard timing all the way to run on pump gas. And some 1.8's that we have built were dyno'ing at 205-215 to the wheels. But again this is honda's running natural aspirated. What is the max hp have you seen with guys like yourself building N/A motors on carbs and pump gas? I really want to research all my options. Thx again.
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
Oh, Dan, btw, here is the link to a motor package for the 510/240Z >>> http://www.racetep.com/xmasspecials.html#dat Do you think it's worth it? Pls give me your opinion on this one. Thanks!
-
Just picked up 73 240z. Should I rebuild the L24 or swap to something else???
So the L28 sounds like the more reasonable way to go... Dan Baldwin - Are you running the same motor? I see on your sig it says 3.1??? And 255? Thats good enough for me. Dan do you have pix of your motor/engine bay that you can share with me?