datfreak's Content - Page 5 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

datfreak

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by datfreak

  1. actually.. front and rear measurements would be great.
  2. try measuring from the middle of the wheel(middle of the hub) to the edge of the guard(measuring straight up).. this way it doesnt matter wot size of tyre you have and show how much lower the car is. I'll go and measure mine(standard springs) when i put my guards back on.
  3. If its around 180lbs for the kings springs,what are the standard spings pressure? Is it much harder with the kings springs then standard?
  4. I know its more of a suspension topic but kings spring is auzzie based,so I thought Id ask here. Anyone used them on their zed? They come in low and super low but how does that sit on a car thats 28 years old and its springs have already sagged?? I used their low springs on my 200b SSS(a long time ago) and the car sat HIGHER after installing them ..due to the standard springs sagging. also curious on their sping rates..how hard are they? Anyone tried other oz brands..ie whiteline? thanks for any info
  5. Anyone used jag 2" su's on their l28?? I need to know what needles/seats to use... any ideas??? Any info/input would be great
  6. I've rang a few bearing shops but NOONE has got them or even can get them... I'am in oz?
  7. will 240z struts/and or springs go into a 260z 2+2? or even just the inserts? any info would be great!! thanks guys
  8. I've got my 260z on stands and have undone most of the bolts... How do my new poly front control arm bushes go in..?? Is there any benifit to put them in back to front..ie to increase caster/camber etc?????? It looks lkike the "thicker" side goes to the back...but again, is it worthwhile puitting them in backwards??? any ideas ???
  9. Anyone found cheap weatherseals for our zeds?? I'll chasing front and rear(260z 2+2) windscreeen seals. I was told that you can buy it by the metre-- and you can still put the original chrome bits in. Also anyone know where to buy "cheap" front repo guards?-I think they are made in korea.. thanks(in oz)
  10. Thanks,, I'll check it out...What falcons do I look for--80's??? Do you have any idea what mods are needed??
  11. Looking at whitelines website, the 1600 project has a adjustable caster by: the caster/radis rod is threaded with nuts on either side of the chassis mount, making the rod shorter or longer, increasing caster.. I contacted whiteline and they dont do adjustable radis rods for 260z's.. Anyone know of anyone who does?(esp in australia) Or anyother way to do it? ta
  12. im in toowoomba qld
  13. original 240z carbs--with original orange airfilter (early non flapper type)- on original e88 manifold. $250 or-highest bidder pm for more details also have 2 sets of 260z carbs for sale with manifold/airfilter cover etc $120 each Anyone have any cheap straight 260z guards????
  14. datfreak posted a gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  15. Just curious if anyone has used them on their l28's.. I'am interested on the whole needles/seats and tuning..
  16. who is the supplier for Tokico's in australia??? And what are they worth??
  17. datfreak posted a gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  18. Does anyone have the specs on their aftermarket springs??? ie wire dia, number of coils, free length etc???? Front and rear????? just to compare with other brands.. 260z/240z rears(standard): wire diameter 11.4mm coil dia 100mm coils 10.65 free length 381mm 260z fronts(standard): wire diameter 11.5mm coil dia 100mm coils 10.75 free length 394mm
  19. If you want those 240z carbs let me know.. I'am in toowoomba QLD,,so freight up to you shoulnt be to scarey.
  20. I think the carbs where in good working condition BUT havnt been kitted in a while.I will try to find out more.
  21. BTW Has anyone used 2" su's on their Zed???Any success??
  22. I know a guy selling some 240z carbs(dome tops) with original airfilter etc think he wants $250 for them(but i'll have to ask) . I can chase up if you want..(let me know)
  23. THe yearly leyburn sprints are on again...(in qld near toowoomba) I saw 7-8 240z / 260z's,,,some racing and some in the car park.. The standards where pretty good, I took some photos. One of the best and original 260z 2 seaters that ive ever seen was in the car park.. it number plate started with OZ----, anyone here?
  24. John has a good point..is your fuel tank vented properly? In another life I had a 200b SSS with twin su's and had the same thing happen(a few times)..and it turned out to be that the tank breather was blocked(which only played up when the fuel cap sealed properly).... it used to flood like a bitch!!!!
  25. Good to see another toowoombarite in the classic's. Did you see in the for sale section about the z for sale in queensland?-there is a discussion about keeping 240z's original ,,you should have a read( and mention your plans!) :tapemouth

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.