datfreak's Content - Page 7 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

datfreak

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by datfreak

  1. datfreak replied to 260z's topic in Engine & Drivetrain
    Ok- whats a e80 head? Ive seen one on a appox '78-80 2.4l skyline.(in aust) Are they any good(compression,flow etc)??
  2. I'am putting 2 X 2" SU's on my l28. Has anyone here done this? I've got all the linkages etc. but I'am interested in needle or seat changes. Any ideas???
  3. oh... deck is how much the piston goes above the block... I thought that it meant it went above when the number was negative..Is 2.030 mm too much deck,,ie will it hit the head?
  4. ive got a n42 L6 and I was playing around with the "L series engine builder software", trying to up the compression in my otherwise standard motor. It says that flattop pistons will give 9.82:1..which is good BUT the z car garage web site says flattops would give 10.4:1.. which one is right?? Then I tried putting a ld28 crank into my standard n42 motor and L series engine builder said id get 10.4:1 !!! perfect...BUT it says that my deck height is ok..wouldnt the pistons be sticking above the block with a stroker crank with no different rods/pistons? Any ideas? Whos right?
  5. Circle work.....in a Z....Jesus wept..... I remember when I had a prev Z car about 8 years ago, I chanced on a old 240 sitting in the paddock. Back then I was stupid and didnt ask to buy the whole car but just bought its carbi's--triple 48mm solexs.....He sold them with the manifold for $70!!!! I went back to the same country spot last weekend but the car was gone . DOH DOH DOH
  6. I'am chasing a cheap 240z/260z in Qld.. Anyone seen a old one rusting is a farmers shed or something?? (dont laugh--it happens) Ive got a 260z 2+2 now but id like another one..either good(drivable) or another resto... ta email me scottsaal@dodo.net.au

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.