IGNORED

badges or badgeless???

toecutter

I just finished my 74' 260 and a couple of freinds have told me it would look much better if i leave it badgless. I have decided to leave the hatch clean. As for the rest, i figured on putting the 240 DATSUN badge on the side fenders and the original bonnet/hood badge. Opinions???

post-3694-14150792658689_thumb.jpg

That 260Z Looks great is that factory red.

I only fitted the two vent covers in the pillars and the bonnet front.

My reason was to reduce any chance of future rust in the hatch or the guards.

I figure you can read it is a Datsun on the Bonnet and if you look at the pillar you see the Zed.

Cheers

Steve:classic:

Thanx Steve.

In terms of rust, I decided to close up all the holes where the badges go to leave me with either option. I was just going to stick on the hood emblem and perhaps those fender datsun badges rather than the original 260z badge.

The red on the car posted was initially the original orange but I decided to add a little more red to it. Turned it into a fairly bright red. I was very happy with the outcome.

I also had some metal welded over the antena hole which was removed to leave both sides looking the same and not worry about rust appearing there too. The antena is now mounted internally and works via the rear dimister. Works fine and don't have to worry about having it broken off.

Toecutter: your Z looks tres tres sexy:love::love:! If you've already filled in the holes I'd leave it badgeless, then I'd tell the girls its a classic Ferrari LOL

Looks much slicker without the badges. I wouldnt do it as i'd like to keep it original but if that didnt bother me I'd go for badgeless too.:love:

hehe-thanx George. Well I am about to head out to get it cut n polished and then the moment of truth. I think I'll just 'blue tack' them on to see what they look like up against the red and then make up my mind.

Hey I've checked out ur zed a few times and always wondered what sort of wheels u have. I was looking for something similar but could'nt find them in the correct offset. What wheels have you got there buddy?

Thats a question I am always asked... and I often think I made the wrong decision.

Unfortunately, those wheels were on the car just before I bought it..I was given the option of them or the classic Slot Mags that you see in some of the other newer shots of the car. I thought it would be harder to find/repalce a set of "classic" style Slot Mag wheels so I decided on them and to leave the ones youre admiring... Hindsight is a great thing eh..?

All I know about those wheels is that they are made by a UK company called Compomotive.. If you go to compomotive.co.uk you may find them, as for the dimensions I havent got a clue :stupid: sorry.

Originally posted by 24OZ

Toecutter: your Z looks tres tres sexy:love::love:! If you've already filled in the holes I'd leave it badgeless, then I'd tell the girls its a classic Ferrari LOL

Looks much slicker without the badges. I wouldnt do it as i'd like to keep it original but if that didnt bother me I'd go for badgeless too.:love:

Fellow members of the jury, tribunal, esteemed members of the Grandiosely Illustrious Order of Z//Zedd; I submit to you the above quoted offense.

I further submit that the offendant be flogged. Whether physical, verbal or by messages.

The crime is one of desecration. To admit to BE WILLING to say: I'd tell the girls its a classic Ferrari LOL

Nothing further need be said.

Yeah.. thats a good idea toecutter, I too have the rear panel sprayed a grey color, a gunmetal grey, its pretty close to the original.. Silver would look way too bright. I have also seen them color coded but it only looks right with certain colors.

Enrique-- I solemnly admit to bringing disgrace to the Z brotherhood in my quest for the Blonde species LOL