Everything posted by TomoHawk
-
Throttle body upgrade
You might want to consider upgrading some other things, as you only get improved performance ( if that's you goal) through equal intake and exhaust. That means if you are using a bigger TB for more flow, your intake (air cleaner stuff) and exhaust should be bigger(if necessary) to match. thx
-
Windshield Glass -- foggy
If the Brasso works out well, I'll get a spare can before it disappears from the shelves at the Walmart.
-
Throttle body upgrade
Pallnet makes a clear adapter for that.
-
Windscreen Scratch removal with brasso
I have time later today ( or is it yesterday to my mates?) to try the cardboard. Sounds like the cardboard would be a kind of sanding pad.
-
Windshield Glass -- foggy
Ifyou think that is so, why is it that I couldn't find any until recently? I look every time I visit a hardware store, or DIY place, and only now found it ar the WalMart.
-
Windshield Glass -- foggy
Very much value for soimebody currently looking for Brasso. CURRENT information is never "old!"
-
Mens driver test question
I thought 'NO passing' referred to gas.
-
Windscreen Scratch removal with brasso
I was still interested in polishing glass with Brasso. thx
-
Windshield Glass -- foggy
Once again... The SEARCH feature of this system would be totally useless if all the comments here were to dissappear after a couple months. Why bother even keeping the archives and making system backups if nobody want to read them??
-
Windscreen Scratch removal with brasso
It shouldn't be much of a problem. I've rubbed out the whiole body, sanded 1/2 of it, all the chrome, wheels. One small windscreen with almost-not noticeable scratches shouldn't be a problem. The RIGHT WAY- by hand. I'd still like to know about polishing glass with Brasso. thxAll by hand
-
Windscreen Scratch removal with brasso
Have you ever tried using that product and polishing by hand? The scratches I've seen are barely noticeable. That's why I was going to try the Brasso polish. thx
-
Windscreen Scratch removal with brasso
Sorry guy, that thread doesn't discuss polishing the glass. It's mostly about polishing the plastic light lenses. I looked at that one earlier. thx
-
Windscreen Scratch removal with brasso
there was a topic about polishing your winscreen with Brasso to remove light scratches, but I'm unable to find it now. finally found saome brasso at the Walmart. Can somebody repost the info on doing the polishing GLASS with Brasso? thx
-
Windshield Glass -- foggy
I just got some at Walmart, in the same area. about $3
-
Polishing rear bumper
I saw a buff ball (made of sponge???) at the Murrays. It looks like it would last about 2 minutes, but it was $24!!?? Is that right? I thought a buff ball was made of better 'cloth' stuff. Local K-Mart had Never-dull. I'll go get some, thx. Maybe I could rig up a thing to go on the drill. Door sill plates need help too. Maybe other stuff...
-
Polishing rear bumper
The top surface of the rear bumper on my 280Z looks like it's got some paint overspray on it, but at close inspection, it's really very small pitting? can you polish that out or something? thx
-
Who makes this mirror?
How did they look painted? Is Black like a 'Universal color' for the things? If painted is a better/nicer thing, then I'll consider it. You know all those guys that find the perfect wood steering wheels or a chrome wheel SET at some garage sdale? I hate that; all you see at the garage sales here is baby clothes or the odd coffee maker or boom box. thx
-
Who makes this mirror?
The 280Z was only exported to the USA, which is why they had LH mirrors.
-
Who makes this mirror?
-
Who makes this mirror?
I'll take my right one off later to see if there is the bigger hole underneath.
-
Who makes this mirror?
Thanks for the information. My next move was going to be to ask what kind of mirrors would be appropriate for the 280Z. AFAIK, there are chrome ones on a short verticle arm, chrome bullets, (Talbots), black (or painted) plastic aero-bullets, euro-styles, and others. The motorcycle mirror I noticed was appealing because of the long stalk that puts the mirror farther out to the side, allowing you to see behind the car (closer to the bumper) better. The center mirror is there, but all three mirrors help to eliminate blind spots as much as possible, so you don't have to go climbing around to look out the windows and spend more time looking forward. I lean toward the Testarossa styled one. thx
-
Who makes this mirror?
The picture was working before. Like I said, you can see the mirror I have, and below is what the mounting plate looks like. Underneath the mounting plate are the two small holes for the two screwsin the pictures, plus a bigger hole, about 20mm dia., which I assume was for an oem mirror.
-
Who makes this mirror?
I forgot about that, Carl. Next time I'll have to remember...
-
Houston we have a problem!!!
ther are actually two (2) arms to the fuel level sensor ( at least in the 280Z). One for the gas gauge, and the other one is just a switch to ground tro complete the circuit for the light. Maybe somebody can confirm this if you have a different car. Hope this info helps. thx
-
Who makes this mirror?
You're right,Tom. I really didn't need to say what I did & I apologized to all the good folk here. The reason is that they probably already know over there what I was thinking.