IGNORED

Who makes this mirror?

TomoHawk

This is the sideview mirrors I have right now (first attachment). The pivots are getting loose, and I tightened them up all it goes, so I would like to replace these with newer ones. I saw something similar on the MSA website, but I'm not sure. Maybe somebody here recognizes this unit? the mirror attaches to the baseplate with the single screw to the hole between the two slots.

An alternative idea I had was to get some motorcycle mirrors and make a baseplate that screws to the door in place of the one that's there. There is a hole about 20mm in the door under the plate in the picture so a mirror's axle/spring/nut can go through.

The motorcycle mirrors look real racy (second attachment).

thx

post-2169-14150795377922_thumb.jpg

post-2169-14150795378106_thumb.jpg

240ZX, where are you?

Never fear, I am always near!!!! :smoke:

TomoHawk, mirrors are pretty damn inexpensive! Just find some new ones you like, buy them, and install them. Through the old ones in the trash...they've served their time. :ermm:

I looked at some euro-styled mirrors today at the auto parts store, and they are fairly inexpensive at $10 each.

I ordered some from MSA, and it looks like the same ones. Having the same mirrors is good because you can use the same mounting. More holes in the door to rust I don't need.

The old ones are definitely going to the trashcan when I'm done. Even the glass isn't worth saving.

thx

By the way there Mr. TomoHawk, it's not very good practice to publish derogatory statement about Classic Zcar members on HybridZ! I participate regularly here and HybridZ and think it's just childish for you to do so....so please stop, you're only degrading yourself. Each site has it's merrits! Your responce is not neccessary...thank you!