Windscreen Scratch removal with brasso - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Windscreen Scratch removal with brasso

Featured Replies

there was a topic about polishing your winscreen with Brasso to remove light scratches, but I'm unable to find it now. finally found saome brasso at the Walmart. :)

Can somebody repost the info on doing the polishing GLASS with Brasso?

thx

  • Author

Sorry guy, that thread doesn't discuss polishing the glass. It's mostly about polishing the plastic light lenses. I looked at that one earlier.

thx

  • Author

Have you ever tried using that product and polishing by hand? The scratches I've seen are barely noticeable. That's why I was going to try the Brasso polish.

thx

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I just used it by hand to remove years of water spots on the quarter windows-see my gallery. It is a slow process-for anything over quarterwindows use the drill motor-unless you have several days-an hour each on the quarter windows! Wax on, wax off TomoHawkson!

Will

  • Author

It shouldn't be much of a problem. I've rubbed out the whiole body, sanded 1/2 of it, all the chrome, wheels. One small windscreen with almost-not noticeable scratches shouldn't be a problem.

The RIGHT WAY- by hand.

I'd still like to know about polishing glass with Brasso.

thxAll by hand

I think I answered what I understood to be your question...yes?

What would you still like to know?

Will

  • Author

I was still interested in polishing glass with Brasso.

thx

I noticed some scratches in the driver's side glass. I took some Brasso and did a little hand polishing. I cleared up the dull parts quite nicely. I got it down to the one deep scratch and you hardly notice it anymore. I lubed and restored the mechanism so 'no more scratch' on my window!

Tomohawk,

Brasso on glass ???????? Hmmm, don't know about that mate. I for one would be surprised if it works.

I've had a lot of experience in cleaning BRASS with Brasso. Believe it or not, we used cardboard and Brasso to clean and polish the brass buckles on the web belt. (This was when I was in the Army).

Some Brasso was poured onto the cardboard then the brass was placed onto the cardboard and rub like hell. A bit messy but it worked.

Maybe the old cardboard trick will work on glass, ...... but I'd be surprised if it did.

Let me know huh ???????

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

  • Author

I have time later today ( or is it yesterday to my mates?) to try the cardboard. Sounds like the cardboard would be a kind of sanding pad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.