IGNORED

battery tray & inner fender parts needed

mtdripo

I seem to remember reading about replacemnt battery trays somewhere but I can't seem to find the thread. Does anyone know if this part is available aftermarket wise? If not, any suggestions other than finding a donor car (without a rusted tray) and swapping it out would be welcome. Also need a fix for front inner fender (under tray battery tray). Battery acid has a vicious appetite! Car is in great shape rust wise other than in the mentioned areas so even a pricy fix would be worth the $, but I need the parts and can't seem to find them anywhere! I'd hate to have to fab up somthig out of sheet metal, my skills in that department are not quite that developed yet.

Thanks

Originally posted by Mr Camouflage

How about getting the under battery tray section from a RHD car Battery is on the other side of the car. No Battery, no rust.

Excellent Idea! You guys that have access to RHD Zcars could make a few bucks if you have any of these panels to offer on eBay or on our site.

Here in the USA, RHD Z cars are so rare, you almost never see one on the road, and never see one in a wrecking yard.

Very interseting, that thought never even crossed my mind due to the rareness of RHDs in the US. Anyone out there have acess to the mentioned part? Don't need it today, but I would like to get my hands on one before this summer starts. Thanks for the info guys.

Great! I'm in the middle of a winter storm, may get a break in the weather in the next couple of days and I'll measure it then. I'll try to get my hands on a digital camera and post some picks as well. I don't think I need a real large section, from my recolection the firewall is solid. I do have a roughly 2 inch (visable) hole in my inner fender directly below where the battery tray used to be, I'm afraid this hole may be just the tip of the ice-berg though.

Thanks Again