IGNORED

240Z Preferably in the SE

CrashNBurn

Hello all,

Well, I have finally reached the point, after 17 years, where I am able to purchase a Z car to love and baby and call my own.

:classic:

I am looking for a 240 Z, in decent condition. A summer's worth of work on the car isn't of major concern as long it runs and isnt a rustbucket. Price range is free LOL to roughly $4000.00. Preferably located in the South East, since I am in Marietta, Georgia. Thanks! Anyone with a Z car that fits the above criteria, please email me with pics, price, and description at grassrootsracer@hotmail.com

Jason Tripp

• 2 weeks later...

Jason,

I haven't sold a Z in 10 years! I don't have any for sale. I know of one that I will probably buy to restore-it needs a bunch of work-driveline is frozen. When, and if, I buy it, my red one may be for sale. I will know for sure by the end of March. If that may meet your timeline, let me know, I can tell you exactly what this car needs. It is the red 240Z on my site, hls30.com

Will

HLS30.com or anyone else for that matter,

Do you have the telephone number of Carter Racing Enterprises or know of a link to their website, if one exists? Does anyone know how to contact CRE? HLS30.com, did you receive my email I sent you last week? Just checking, because my hotmail account has been acting up lately.

Jason

Originally posted by hls30.com

I know of a couple, call Mickey at Carter Racing Enterprises here in Savannah, he generally has several.

Is Carter Racing related to A. J. Carter of "AJ's Z Car store"? He was the local Savannah expert 20 years ago but I thought he had closed up shop.

Hi MikeW,

AJ did close up shop, and Mickey of CRE is his son! AJ is one of my closest friends, and we are looking at making some things for the early Z cars. I am moving , and in the move, AJ and I will have a comfortable place to work. I set him up an email address at aj@hls30.com . We are waiting for my move to be finished, and a rotisorie from one of the members here, and then we will be starting a GU rest/mod on either my '73 or a '72.

Jason, yes, I did get your email, I am going to check out the '72 this afternoon. I can give you particulars/pictures of my car/CRE off list. I will round them up ad PM you tonight.

Will

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I planned on buying a particular 240 Z from a member of the forum , but the owner decided that he would rather not sell the car :disappoin and instead chose to build it into a track car. This is perfectly understandable and I wish him good luck (you know who you are).

Thusly, I arrive at the subject of this post. Once again, I am in search of a 240 Z. Preferably, the car should be in decent condition and capable of a cross-country trip, i.e. Georgia to California. I am not looking for a perfect Z, but would take one nonetheless :classic: . A necessity for minor work is acceptable, as long as it is not too extensive.

My price range is free ROFL to $4000.00. Ideally, the car would be located in Georgia (no sales tax that way) or in the South East. If you think you have a car that matches, please send me a private message or email at grassrootsracer@hotmail.com . Thank you.

Jason