IGNORED

Lead footed B's.

1 Bravo 6

Originally posted by Sean Dezart Anyone seen the 1st version of Gone in 60 Seconds or Dirty Larry and Crazy Mary (never did understand what that film was about) ?

Damn that was one shocking film. I'm supprised anyone could understand anything from it! Was sorta cool to watch them smash all the cars up though.....but that's about it. Gotta love how the engine note of the stang changes through out the movie. It starts out sounding like a low revving lazy V8, by the end it sound like a highly tuned/high revving V8. :stupid:

Originally posted by zrush

Cannonball Run with Burt Reynolds is a classic. ROFL

Interesting trivia: This was the first US movie with Jackie Chan (1981). He was the driver of Subaru with the jet engine in the back and night vision goggles who later got into a fight with a bunch of bikers.

Jackie got the idea of running outtakes at the end of his movies from this film.

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/panasia/cannonball_run.htm

"Michael Hui (brother of Swordsman's Sam Hui) are clearly speaking Cantonese, their characters are erroneously identified as Japanese Subaru drivers"

zrush, quote from the site you posted. I thought that the co-driver was 'Jaws' from the Bond films, who, speaking Cantonese or not, cannot be mistaken for being Japanese !

You sure Dirty Larry drove a 'stang ? I thought the car that hit the train at the end was a 'Cuda ?

Sean, I didn't quote from any site, I think you mean Mike W. I agree, you could never mistake "Jaws" for a Japanese. In "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry", I thought it was an yellow Charger. I could be wrong as it's been years since I've seen that movie.

Originally posted by Sean Dezart

I thought that the co-driver was 'Jaws' from the Bond films, who, speaking Cantonese or not, cannot be mistaken for being Japanese !

Richard Kiel ("Jaws") was actually Jackie Chan's driving partner in the forgetable sequel "Cannonball Run II". This was the movie where Burt Reynolds was an Army general. Even Frank Sinatra made an appearance. As I recall even though it was supposed to be the same cross country race it appeared to be filmed entirely in the California desert.

The original:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082136/

The sequel:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087032/

Ah Mike W - you're hot, too hot for me ! Yeah. The 1st Cannonball was alright, the second featured too much of Telly Savalas and his glasses wearing nephew.

Completely off the track and because they seem to be some serious film buffs out there, apart from The Italian Job, is there any film coverage of Lamborghini Muiras ?