IGNORED

Parts Swapping 240K Sedan to Coupe

Razor

You get caught with cut springs in NZ and your car will be slapped with the dreaded "PINK STICKER!" *insert dramatic music LOL

Basically means it's deemed unroadworthy and you have to get it completely checked out by I think it's either LTSA (Land Transport Safety Authority) or just a WoF (Warrant of Fitness) place otherwise it'll get impounded if you're caught again, I dont think you're even allowed to drive it from where you got Pink Stickered, I think it has to be towed, I've never personally been Pink Stickered so am unsure.

I also believe in NZ now, any form of lowering must be certified as well as bollocksy things like fatter tires, it's just a big money making scheme by the government, ridiculous really.

It'll pay to check you Aus State laws before you do anything to the springs.

Yeah it's illegal here as well.

Mine isn't lowered significantly to attract attention, and the cuts are neat and aren't noticeable; keep it neat, not too radical and you should be OK. I passed my roadworthy test with them on and they weren't picked up, so I guess my theory worked.

If you dump your car 3 inches, be ready for some blue/red flashing lights in your rear mirror :ermm:

James

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I suggest giving htem a good clean first - they should come up looking great. Here's another tip, I did this with my 240K and 240Z. Take apart the tail lights, and paint the inner part white instead of the original greyish colour. This will make the lights brighter and cleaner looking.

(attached is a pic of my car with the GT-R tail lights in, just cos I can)

post-1243-14150793480298_thumb.jpg

was that your tail lights???

man! that is one clean tail lights!!!

did you get a new one or thats an old one?

is that genuine GTR tail lights? can you source me the set of GTR lights?

you didnt get back to me regarding flares and fender mirrors

Thanks! The chrome is all straight on that corner of the car - the other 3 corners have dings everywhere! LOL The tail lights were second hand but after a really good clean and polish they came out really well.

I have another set of GTR tail lights I might sell if I can get a decent price. The problem is importing them costs as much as they're worth so youre automatically paying about double the price. . . . .

I'm sorry about not getting back to you! Will send a pm.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the GTR tail lights...

both red lights come on when headlights are on? or the inner one just for braking? I would like to modify it to make them both on using dual filament bulb so when you brake the lights get more intense or brighter... problem is the bulb socket I might have to change it and muck around dont wanna wreck the lights.

I have a friend here in Melbourne who is doing this modification, just as you've asked.

Apparently all you need to do is find another socket (three pronged/wired) that is designed for the tail light/brake function, connect the usual two wires plus the exisiting brake light wire.

It's then a matter of getting a dual filament globe, fitting and testing.

He's done it before, seen it work and seems straight foward enough.

James