IGNORED

WTD: wheels like site home page (girls!)

yuppie69

Hi, if anyone can keep an yey:alien: out for those seventies wheels on the home page, I'll pay a finder's fee...they're discontinued, apparently. I'd like em' in 16 or 17" sizing, which probably makes it more difficult, not to mention should be ZXT compatible without spacers or other junk.

As a second choice, I'm looking for 16 or 17" wheels in either a wire pattern (if they weigh less than 30lb ea., unlikely!), or something like BBS mesh styles. If nothing's out there, then any choice other than Panasport 16's would be of interest. My local dealers say "there's nothing out there man, order custom at $450 each".., uggggh!!!

John-83 280ZXT 2 + 2, on Pilot Alpin snows now, dreaming of spring already!

I hate to burst your bubble, but finding aluminum slots in anything larger than 15 inch is going to be next to impossible. Most manufacturers discontinued that type of wheel even before 16 and 17 inch wheels were on the market. You might find slots still available for older US muscle cars if you can find one in the correct lug pattern, but, they will most likely be in a 15 inch wheel.

Mesh style, "Panasport" or "Watanabe" style wheels should still be available from manufacturers other than Panasport.

You will be looking for 5 lug wheels, which will help you immensely, since most manufacturers have discontinued their 4 lug applications, at least for RWD vehicles.

Wait a minute...why would I be looking for five bolt wheels when my 83 280ZXT Nissan/Datsun only has four bolts?

There were some American Racing slotted wheels that I could see on my vehicle on their web site, but when I went to specific applications, there were none for my car...how's that for a tease!!

John

I was also checking to into olderstyle wheels but a mesh , and if you to the makers website , Enkei , bbs or who ever it is , I have found that they never list anything for a 240 or 260 z yet when I talk to distributors of mine for wheels and give them the offsets and lug size needed I find some, not alot mind you but some. I have to totally agree and say if you want the old slotted wheels in anything bigger than a 15 good luck , I have rarely seen them in anything other than 14