IGNORED

round shape knobs and square shape knobs

kats

Kats,

I just looked at my own pictures again and realized I must have replaced the finisher that was on the car after I got it. The one in the first photo has the ON lettering, so that can not be the original version. I have a couple of others without the ON lettering, so I must have replaced it and forgotten about it.:stupid: You could be right about dust in the parking lights symbol looking like white paint.

Yes, I'm sure the original throttle cables were just cut off and tossed out. :finger: The car came with 3 of the 4 original hubcaps and one later replacement. None of them show any wear since they had alloy wheels installed right away. I think it has 2 or 3 of the original 1969 dated steel wheels and the original spare.

-Mike

Thank you Mike,

and Mark , how are you doing? long time to see you again:classic:

Hi Mark, your car has a throttle lever, great:classic:

Hi Kats. I've been a lurker as of late. New business taking all my time, and only time to read about others and their cars :(.

Yeah, mine came with the hand throttle, but there were two choke knobs instead of the choke and hand throttle knob. And the PO had removed the hand throttle cable (and apparently discarded it :mad:) because it was "unsafe". I think I have all the parts to put it back together correctly, although it will be some time before I can work on my cars again...

But you guys just keep going so I can do car stuff vicariously through you!

Mark

I couldn't get the console off very easily, so I got the big mother flashlight and looked, Kats. It looks like the lever has been removed. I can see the pivot in the housing and it looks like the screw is in there. The cable is long gone however the hanger is on the body and the pedal has the bracket. (Don't mind the rust far up under the dash. The whole car is like this. I call it "patina")

But I got some cleaner and took more pictures of the face plate. The parking light symbol is definitely not painted.

Good to hear from you, Mark!

post-4148-1415080527851_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150805279091_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150805279726_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150805280261_thumb.jpg

Edited by 26th-Z

Good to hear from you Mark, please visit some time when you have a time.

Thank you Mike, Chris, I confirmed not painted on parking lights symbol.

Today I looked an old car magazine again,then I found HS30(maybe Australian 240Z) has a finisher which is painted white for both defroster and parking lights without defroster switch nor parking light switch!!(picture is not good, surely grommets there for both)

As I reported while ago, the HS30 parts catalog indicates 86720-E4600 for the finisher, same as HLS30.So I thought HS30 has a finisher not painted for the parking lights.But it does,so for HS30 , 86720-E4100 was applied just like a Japanese S30 family.

kats

post-3193-14150805322807_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150805323404_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I recently have got a choke and throttle mechanism here in Japan.

And I found something unusual of its cable area.

(anyway this mechanism is for a Z432, as you can see the picture it has only one cable for the choke)

Can you see the wire for the choke? It is not solid cable like we usually see.

And there is a very long steel tube for the wire,it seems to me the tube is helping movement of the wire , not to be bend around a basement.

I remember there is a technical bulletin for the changing of the wire for choke mechanism, a former wire was superseded by a solid cable.

Solid cable for the choke, this does not have a steel tube, does it?

So I think this mechanism is the earliest one.How about LOW VIN cars?

Chris or Mike B can confirm their mechanism which has wire or solid cable for the choke.

Also I found a interesting thing, the basement of the mechanism is reversible, for S20 engine and L20/L24 engines.

This Z432's mechanism has a place for L20/L24: two choke cables on the back.It can be used for L20/L24 when it is reversed front and back.

To look carefully into your mechanism(for L20/L24), there is a place for S20 one choke cable on the back.

kats

PS. Please refer post#88, especially the top left two pictures.They have an earliest throttle control mechanism with different apperance of the lever, but the choke cable is solid type,without steel tube.

post-3193-1415080645518_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150806455442_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150806455693_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150806455948_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150806456218_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Today I found a small thing, the NOS knobs (choke and throttle) have taping

at the end, I thought it just for showing "this is an auto part from Nissan".

But,looked carefully, I found a small thing.

The screw is hiding in the hole. The taping is preventing the screw from

dropping off:bulb:

I do not think the screw has a part number. Is it hard to find screw? Is it easy to find same screw at the local store?

kats

post-3193-14150812603571_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150812604111_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150812604548_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150812604984_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

Hi Kats:

Yes - all of the original stock choke handles that were ordered through Nissan Parts Dept. - had a new screw taped to them back in the 70's/80's/90's. Over the decades however, the adhesive on the tape dried out and the tape came lose.. and most of the screws were lost. The screws are not easy to find today.

The choke handles I've ordered over the past 10 or so years - did not come with the tape or screws.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Use your tap/die set to find the size / pitch of the choke/throttle handle threads, then go to an R/C Hobby store. They have a lot of metric screws with the odd pitch that Nissan like to use in these out of the way threads.

These screws, if memory serves, are not only a thin/fine thread, they also have a thin head with a shoulder. I vaguely remember finding a set of Allen head screws with a shoulder, but it would have required having to drill out the insert diameter (not the threaded hole) for the screw head.

FWIW

E

Thank you Carl , Enrique

I have learned new thing, they came with a screw, that is great.

However the square style knobs which came from Nissan part dept.several years ago, they did not come with screws.

I have a 6 feet long R/C , The F-16 (with Jet,made by BVM Florida) is still

in progress, yes they use lots of tiny screws.

kats

post-3193-14150812671246_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150812671743_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150812672317_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150812673004_thumb.jpg

• Like 1