IGNORED

Why written in english?

kats

The versions for the 432 / 432-R and the versions for the other models needed trimming differently to take into account the emblem shapes that they had to fit around.

I think they came in a choice of either Black or White at first. Maybe other colours were added later?

Kats has a version of these ( bought from MSA I believe ) on his car at present: Kats' car with stripes

Originally posted by kats

..............By the way how many girls have asked you to let her have a passenger's seat so far?Is the Z attractive for women in the world, is not it?

In japan,S30 is recognised as a old car and a little bit wild car,(many japanese owner got fat wheels on it and big exaust pipes making very roud sound)so almost impossible to have a oppotunity to be asked from a lady for a drive............

Hi Kats,

Actually, in my experience, they usually want to get OUT of the car rather than into it!

My other half hasn't been in the ZG for over two years now. She says it gives her a headache and a backache, and it smells of 'chemicals'. She also says its too cold inside in Winter and too hot in Summer. She likes the colour, though.

On the other hand, my 72 year old mother loves it. She just has trouble getting in and out of it, that's all.:classic:

Alan T.

Originally posted by EScanlon

Kats:

.....................However, if you download the picture and then magnify and sharpen the image, you'll just begin to see the presence of a Throttle Control Lever to the RIGHT of the console. This was NEVER seen in the U.S....................

Enrique Scanlon

Hi Enrique,

I don't see a Throttle Control Lever on the RIGHT of the console. Isn't that just part of the 'Leather' gaiter around the shift lever base reflecting some light off a fold?

I've never seen a Throttle Control Lever sited in that position, in the Japanese market or elsewhere.

Once they did away with the TCL I don't think they re-sited it anywhere else.

Maybe its just a trick of the light?

Alan T.

Alan:

I am posting an enlarged section of the image.

If you look closely, right below her wrist you will see the shape of the lever knob that mirrors the one for the choke. To the far right of the picture you'll see the emergency brake boot.

Although the picture on the knob is undiscernible, you CAN see that the angle, shape, and general lay of the reflection of light can only match a knob / lever with the same configuration as the choke lever knob. As such, since the only other control on the car that got installed in that same general location was the Hand Throttle Control Lever, I presume that that is what I am seeing.

I could be mistaken so now we have a reason for Kats to provide the picture on the page that shows the instruction for the Hand Throttle. How about it Kats?

Enrique

post-1490-14150793219084_thumb.jpg

Kats,

Thanks again for the great information regarding the Fairlady Z. As always it is great fun to read through your posts.

In reading through this post knowing that Alan T will be reading here as well I have a question:

Over the years I have read from various sources that the S30 cars were produced at as many as 7 different assembly plants. Would you or anyone reading this post know for sure at which plant(s) the S30 cars were assembled at?

The engine bay plate mentions "Yokohama, Japan" but, knowing the story of Nissan I wouldn't assume this to be the absolute truth.

According to Nissan Service Comm (a database that our dealerships in the states can access by way of the VIN#) from 1984 onwards the report will give you the final assembly plant (Hiratsuka for my Z31, Oppama for the Z33) as well as the actual day of final assembly (i.e. 14 November 2002 for the Z33). It would be interesting to know from which part of Japan the S30 cars began their individual histories.

As it relates to the fairer sex riding in the S30 cars; in my experience most of my female friends like the cars but not as enthusiastic about riding/driving in them. My S30's usually tend to be lower than stock thanks to Tokico and louder than stock thanks to 2.5" exhaust and maybe that's why not too many females have graced the passenger compartment. When driving the 350Z the younger women (under 25) always comment about the car and its color and then ask about the car's ability to go fast. If only I could find a woman that wouldn't mind having six Z's around? Any takers in England or Japan?

:classic:

Thank you very much for lots of posting for this thread.

Hello Enrique,

I take a quick replying,I can say this manual's console is 100% same as U.S. and other countries model.Just the light is flashing and console is reflecting,sorry I do not have a time to up load new nicer photo now,but this is true.

And Thank you all,I am always anjoying these coments from all of you.I am keeping post,just wait a little bit.

Thank you

kats

Hello,

26th-Z,

thank you advice me,fuel cap question is now clear.By hte way,I think I made a mistake that I posted at wrong category.I should look proper one.

halz,

thank you and would you want to see close up view?

http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903/custom.html

This stripe I bought from MSA and I made DATSUN label by myself

using a color copy machine and a clear vinyl seat.

Ben and Enrique,

Thank you but I am sorry not to show all pages here.But I know your feeling.I am always hoping we can buy reproduction books like owner's manuals or service manuals,but we want also sales brochures,parts catalogs(same size and same binder version),service bulletins,etc.

If I have a good time,I will try.

About a taillight,I found a different thing from my HLS30 reading at a japanese service bulletin Nov 1969.There are 5 bulbs for each tail light.BUT my 240Z have only 4 bulbs,is this difference between U.S. and Japan?Or happened in HLS in different year model?

daddz,

Thank you for your good Z's story.I want to have Z 2 or 3 more,but my wife never allows me to do that.

Z's production plant,maybe Alan will know the better.Little bit offset,about parts plants,I heard from my friends in japan that sometimes there is a difference in the same parts sent from different plants.One plants painted the parts black,but other plants made it zinc plate.Even sometimes parts shape is different.

Alan,

Thank you very much for following up me.The stripe you posted seems to me hand-made look.I guess NISSAN had to prepair really quickly for the motorshow.Mr.Matsuo always told me at that time they were so busy and busy.

Thank you,

kats

To all,

My source worked (sales) at Capitol Motors in Johannesburg (South Africa) in the early seventies. And It appears that all Zed sales where special order imports based on the RH drive platform. sales numbers where very very low figures of a dozen or so is all. Not sure about the badging but I posed the question as " what can you tell me about 240Z sales", they would have been prime for the HS30 with the Traffic Rules/MOT, roads and fuel at the time. I would not be suprised if some of these Zeds where very high spec items.

cheers

Steve :classic:

• 3 weeks later...

hi all. i don't have much to add to this, i just thought i would check in since this is such an interesting topic to me.

i spent a year in okinawa about 10 years ago, with a brief deployment to the mainland, while i was USMC. i understand Katz impression of the island. the US military has something like a dozen different bases in okinawa between the four forces so it almost seems like the entire island is a military base. it's not, of course, but it would be impossible to walk in any direction for a day and not run into a westerner. it was a fun time and i didn't take the opportunity to do all the things there i now wish i had. the same for my time on the mainland. wish i could go back, it's a beautiful country and culture.

as for the fairlady, i wish i could tell you anything at all about them but, as anyone who's ever been there will tell you, not many cars live past about 10-15 years before the rust eats them. i'm not surprised the manual actually outlasted the car! i think the oldest car i saw was a late 70's 280 2+2 that was just about rusted away. i never drove while i was there but many of the guys i knew bought these cars that were just eaten away by the rust for $50-100, drive them for a year and sell them for whatever the GCR (mandatory insurance and licensing fee) was or just abandon them all together.

sorry for the fluff. just thought i would share that little experience, it was definately a memorable time in my life. BTW, Katz, some of those girls..... :love: