IGNORED

Why written in english?

kats

Hello everyone,

Today I would like to show this one,an owners manual for fairlady Z.This one is something unusual,written in english.

I do not know why?fairlady Z is the only one sold in one country,japan.Written in japanese one I have ever saw.

Alan,please help me.You can answer this question.

I guess this is related OKINAWA prefecture ?There are huge military base in OKINAWA and OKINAWA was under contorl by U.S. after W.W.2.Some officers might buy 240Z at there,of cource

LHD.Because in OKINAWA traffic was same as in the U.S. until some around 1975.OKINAWA was resume to JAPAN in may 1972,but traffic was not changed immediately,needs time and money for prepairation for changing everything on the road.

Yesterday I was staying at OKINAWA,I was told taxi driver he is 55 years old,"my gland mother did not know the traffic change at that day,she claimed me she waited 2 hours for a bus at the bus stop but she could not catch the bus because she waited opposit side, as she usual did."

And I asked him "were japanese cars LHD?"he replyed"YES"

So I think LHD 240Z was sold in OKINAWA,is this right?

And this english manual for fairlady Z existed for forein country driver?

Or just NISSAN well prepaired for possibility driven by westeners in JAPAN?

Thank you

kats

post-3193-141507932117_thumb.jpg

Hi Kats,

Another interesting post from you.

Isn't this the Japanese-market owners manual for English-speakers? I've seen one before with a green cover that had similar content. I don't have one, but the one I saw was very similar to the one that you have, and it was described to me as being an official 'translation' manual for the 'gaijin' drivers who had bought a Fairlady Z to use in Japanese territory.

My Fairlady Z-L was bought new from the "Export and Diplomatic Sales" office at Ginza by a USAAF pilot. This was in late 1970. Maybe they found a need for an official translation for customers such as this?

Note that it mentions the models that debuted after October 1971, and also the specific models that were only sold in the Japanese home market ( the 432 and the ZG ). This shows that it would presumably have been aimed at owners in Japan who did not speak / read Japanese. I think there were plenty of these people around the air bases and stations all over Japan - not just in Okinawa.

As an aside, I believe that the early Z cars sold in South Africa were badged as "Fairlady Z" models - so the Fairlady Z emblems WERE seen outside of Japan, but only in a very limited way.

Cheers!

Alan T.

A hitachi radio with stereo casetto.Mr.MATSUO tryed to apply this for all S30 model but only for japanese Z.NISSAN did not allowed to him to do that due to cost cutting. He made test base by himself,he wanted AM and FM with stereo casetto.

You can see number 7,if you want FM,you just install a packege activating for tuning FM like install casetto.

post-3193-14150793213923_thumb.jpg

Thank you so much,Alan!

Now I am very very interested in fairlady Z in south africa,could you tell me more of it?

And yes,you right.There were so many people buying japanese cars who could not speak or write japanese laungedge not only OKINAWA.

I saw a 1969 fairlady Z-L on the ebay a few months ago,it was also bought in japan by militaly officer?then shipped to the U.S.

Is there anyone can tell the LHD 240Z in OKINAWA?

There must be some people bought S30 at there around 1970.

The last photo shows a lady in this manual.

I want to see her if possible,and how old is she now?

She is beautiful in this manual.

Thank you,

kats

post-3193-14150793214168_thumb.jpg