IGNORED

Crash Test S30

HS30-H

Originally posted by HS30-H

Hi Guus,

If you think you would still be interested, I'll talk to Nishi san about it. I have to talk to him today anyway - so I'll ask him for his 'best' price for you. I'll let you know. Prepare for a shock and have a chair close by...............

Alan T.

Hi Guus,

I spoke to Nishi san yesterday about other matters, and while I had him on the phone I asked him about his BEST price for a set of the repro Rally Mags that he commissioned.

They are PERFECT replicas of the Rally Mags, except that they are made from Aluminium and not Magnesium. They come painted in the correct colour, and with the correct type of dome-shaped chrome wheel nuts. He told me he only has about 10 wheels left out of the initial run that he made a couple of years ago. He has no plans for a second run...............

His best price would be 60,000 Yen each - so a set of four would 240,000 Yen plus 5% Sales Tax. Then they would have to be freighted over to you from Japan, and there would be Customs Duty and TVA / Handling / Customs Clearance Fee etc.to pay on top. If you want to go for it, then let me know and I'll do my best to help.

26th-Z,

The page from the Club S30 newsletter that you posted is one of the excellent research articles written by Dr Makoto Suzuki. He has contributed some very informative and interesting articles to the newsletter, and I converse with him fairly regularly. He is a very kind and generous man.

The picture at the bottom of the page is of the "Maglloy" wheel that Kobe Seiko sold to the general public from around 1973~4. That was a modified version of the original Mag wheels seen on the Z432, and you can guess that Kobe Seiko were making use of the tooling that they had made for the Z432 wheels.

The top photo is of the original Works Rally mag wheels ( notice the cutouts in the spokes ) which were made by Kobe Seiko. The picture underneath it is of Nishi san's replica - which Dr. Suzuki uses on his car. See my pic of his car from when we visited Nissan's Zama warehouse: Dr Suzuki's car

There were subtle differences between the different castings of wheels and there were a couple of different wodths available at any one time.

The important points are that the Works-type Rally mag was never sold to the General Public, the Z432-type mags were offered as an option on the 432 and 432-R ( not as standard equipment ) from 1969 to 1973 and the Maglloy was produced AFTER the 432 had stopped being produced.

Alan T.

Alan,

It was a shock indeed. Just wake up in the hospital, after reading your mail I lost conscious…ROFL ROFL

My god what a lot of money is that.:tapemouth But still it looks very attractive. Knowing that he has ten rims left for quit a while I think I can wait a little longer and save some money. I don’t know how but that’s my concern. There’s no way I can order them now, when I’m ready for it I’ll come back to you and hope he still have them.:disappoin

Hi Guus,

I thought you would be less than impressed. The exchange rate and the cost of freight and taxes makes it even more painful.

However, I have to say that they are PERFECT replicas of the real thing - and in many ways they are more practical and safe than the magnesium originals. Mr Nishi told me that he commissioned the tooling and stumped up the investment needed to cast the first batch at his own risk. It cost a LOT of money, and I don't think he has made much profit on them..........................

You can take some encouragement in the knowledge that you might be able to pick up a used set of Mr Nishi's replicas in the future. Quite a few owners bought them and installed them on cars, and might get bored with them and want to change or upgrade. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. You never know what might turn up.

A set of these would really be the finishing touch to your car wouldn't they?

Alan T.